Recently users have reported facing a ‘Can’t play title’ error on Max while trying to stream content. The complete error message may read Can’t Play Title. We’re having trouble playing this video. Please try again later.’ This stops the users from playing or streaming their favourite content. There are many reasons for this error behind facing this error. If you have been facing this error, you need not worry about it. In this article, we will be discussing the reasons behind facing this error as well as the fixes for it.
Reasons To Face ‘Can’t Play Title’ Error
There are several reasons behind facing this error. If you keep on getting HBO Max ‘Can’t Play Title’ error while trying to stream content on HBO Max, then it might probably be because of the following reasons-
- Slow internet can be the major reason why you may face this issue. The content may buffer due to slow speed and sometimes even stop playing.
- If the server of the HBO Max is down due to maintenance or technical glitch, then that may also cause this issue.
- You may face this error if the device that you are using does not support the HBO Max app. So, always first check whether the device you are using supports HBO max.
- You might also face this error if your browser has the corrupted cache. So, to fix this error, you should clear your cache’s data from the app.
- The glitch in the HBO max app may also be a reason to face this issue.
- If the HBO max app is outdated, you might face this issue.
- If the HBO Max app was not properly installed, then also you are likely to face this issue.
- If you are using VPN, then also you may get HBO Max ‘Can’t Play Title’ error.
Fix Max Can’t Play Title Error on Windows/Android/iOS
So, the following are some of the methods using which you can fix the error of Can’t play title on HBO max-
Check Your Network Connection
Network problems are the biggest reason for facing this issue. You should first check your network connection if you face this issue. You can use Fast.com to check your internet connection. If you are using many apps that use the internet, disable the apps that are using more internet.
You can try turning off the data and turning it on again. In case you are using WiFi, then place your device near it. If you are still facing this issue, try power cycling your router, which should fix the issue.
Ensure There Is Not Issue With The Server
If the internet is working fine, but you are still facing the issue, it may be due to the server issue. You can check issues with the server at Downdetector. If the server is down or under maintenance, wait for some time and then try again.
Re-Login To HBO Max
Another troubleshooting step to follow is login into your HBO Max. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the HBO Max app on your device and click on the Profile icon.
- From the menu that opens up, click on Sign out.
- Re-login into your account and play content on HBO Max without any error.
Clear Cache Of App
You may face this issue due to corrupted cache data of the HBO Max app. You should try clearing the cache of the app to fix the issue. To clear the cache of the app on an Android device, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Here, tap on the Apps option.
- Search for HBO Max on the list of apps that opens up and tap on it.
- Now, tap on Storage and Clear Cache to clear the app’s cache.
If you want to clear the app’s cache on an iOS device, you will have to reinstall the HBO Max.
Clear Browser Cache
You should try clearing the browser cache. If you are using the browser to stream HBO Max, you may face this issue if the browser’s cache is corrupted. Clear the cache of the browser, and that should fix the issue. You can either switch the browser and then try accessing HBO Max. This should probably fix the HBO Max ‘Can’t play title’ error.
If you have enabled a VPN, that might be the reason behind this error. HBO Max blocks the VPN connection and causes a ‘Can’t play title’ error on HBO Max. You should disable the VPN connection, which should fix the issue.
Update HBO Max App
The outdated app may also be the reason behind facing this issue. Outdated apps do not have an updated content library and often do not support devices. You can try updating HBO Max to fix this issue. To update HBO Max on an Android phone, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Application store on your device, i.e., Play Store on Android and App Store on iOS.
- Here, search for HBO Max and tap on it.
- From here, update the application and then try playing content.
Reinstall HBO Max App
If you are still facing the issue, the last resort will be reinstalling the HBO Max app. If there is any issue with the app, reinstalling it will fix the issue.
- Firstly, uninstall the HBO Max from your device.
- Once done, install the app from the application store on your device.
- Now, login into your HBO Max account, which should fix the issue.
These were some troubleshooting steps to help fix the HBO Max “Can’t Play Title” error. If you cannot stream content on HBO Max and keep getting the HBO Max ‘Can’t Play Title’ error message, then you can follow the steps in this article to fix this issue. We hope this article helps solve the issue you have been facing.