This is a masterpiece whose mastery is shown without telling. This makes it unique from other open-world games like Skyrim and Far Cry that revolve around storylines and questlines. You are left free to play as you see fit in Elden Ring – there is no set playstyle or route you must follow.
From the start of the game, you can do whatever you want. Despite its positive reviews for its visuals and gameplay after its release, the game received thousands of negative reviews within a year.
There are, however, a number of Elden Ring players experiencing the connection error that happened- failed to Get in. That’s the reason why we are here. In this article, we have explained some of the best ways using which you can easily resolve the Elden Ring connection error that occurred. So, let’s get started with the fixes.
Fix Elden Ring Connection Error Occurred – Failed to Get in
So, here are some fixes that have the potential to resolve if you are getting the Elden Ring connection error that happened- failed to Get in, you must perform the steps given below:
Check the Elden Ring Server Status
It is possible to experience multiple errors and connectivity conflicts in the game due to issues with the game server or outages. For real-time updates and the latest information, follow @ELDENRING on Twitter. If there is an outage or downtime, try again after a few hours. If there is no server downtime, you can move on to the next method.
In order to avoid system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes, PC users and gamers should always update their Windows OS builds. You may encounter a variety of issues with performance and program running when you have an outdated system version. Here are the steps to update Windows:
- To open Windows Settings, press Windows + I.
- Click on Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- You can download and install a feature update if it is available.
- Depending on the speed of the update, it may take a few minutes.
- You will need to restart your computer after you have finished installing the update.
Run the Game as an Administrator
If you encounter an issue with user account control regarding privileges, run the game exe file as an administrator. It is also recommended that you run the Steam client as an administrator. Here’s how:
- On your PC, right-click the Elden Ring exe shortcut file.
- Next, select Properties > Compatibility.
- Then, you need to checkmark the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
As mentioned above, you should also allow the admin access to the Steam launcher.
Flush the DNS Cache
You seem to have somehow accumulated a lot of DNS cache data related to your internet configuration. Connecting to the game servers after removing the DNS resolver cache data is possible by following the steps below.
- Open the command prompt.
- To run Command Prompt as administrator, right-click on the program and select Run as administrator.
- Using the command prompt window, enter the following command and press Enter: ipconfig /flushdns
- You will receive the message “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.”
- Once the changes have been applied, close the command prompt window and restart the PC.
Set up Game Network Settings
There are times when the game server connectivity is affected by multiple conflicts caused by the in-game network settings issue. In the game settings menu, it is recommended to configure the network options properly. Follow these steps once you’re inside the game menu:
- In the game, go to Settings > Network.
- Thereafter, choose Cross-Region Play as Perform Matchmaking.
- Choose Play Online from the Launch Settings menu.
Turn Off Voice Chat in Elden Ring
It appears that Elden Ring’s voice chat is bugged, as some players have reported error messages in online forums relating to it. Therefore, by simply disabling the voice chat, Elden Ring can be fixed.
You will need to be connected to the Internet before you can turn off Elden Ring voice chat. Afterward, follow the steps we’ve outlined.
- Go to the Settings menu in Elden Ring.
- On the Network tab, select Voice Chat and turn it off.
- Join another player in the game world using the next summon.
However, if this does not work, then you should turn on voice chat again.
Enable a VPN
It may be possible to resolve the connection issue by using a VPN since you are experiencing a connectivity issue. It will help you determine whether or not the connectivity error is localized.
You can access features and content that are otherwise unavailable in your area if you use VPN software, which artificially changes your locality.
There is a wide variety of VPN software available online. Consider choosing a VPN that offers access to countries with amazing online gaming servers, such as Germany, Switzerland, and Canada.
You can connect to one of these servers once you have downloaded and turned on a VPN. After that, run Elden Ring and see if the connection error persists.
Check your Internet Connection
When Elden Ring isn’t connecting to the Internet, the first thing to do is check your internet connection. Your connection mustn’t become unstable or too slow.
While playing Elden Ring, check whether something is downloading or streaming in the background if it seems slow or unstable. You must pause all downloads and/or streams in order to enjoy Elden Ring to the fullest.
It may be necessary to troubleshoot the issue if that doesn’t solve it. It is first necessary to switch from wireless to Ethernet. Connect your system to your router with an Ethernet cable to turn off wireless. You should be able to get a more stable internet connection after this.
It might be a good idea to restart your router after that. Make sure you wait a few seconds before restarting the router after turning it off.
Try another network connection (if accessible) if your internet connection remains unfixed. Also, you could use the hotspot feature on your phone to connect to your mobile data.
Check Game Files
There is a possibility that corrupted game files may cause the returning to your world error if none of the above solutions prove effective.
- Open Library on Steam.
- Make a right-click on the Elden Ring and select Properties.
- On the Local Files tab, click Verify game integrity.
After the scanning process has finished, you can try your Elden Ring again to check whether the connection error.
The Bottom Line
So, that’s how to fix the Elden Ring connection error that occurred – failed to Get in. We hope that this guide has helped you. Furthermore, in case you need more help, comment below and let us know.
- How To Fix Elden Ring Unable To Summon Cooperator Error
- Elden Ring All Soft Caps For Stats and Attributes
- Fix Elden Ring Network Status Check Failed Error 2023
- How To Fix Elden Ring FPS Drops and Stuttering Issues
- Fix Elden Ring Multiplayer Not Working
- How to Elden Ring Won’t Launch or Not Loading
- How to Fix Elden Ring Crashing on Startup on Windows PC