Are Bose SoundSport earbuds not turning on? Facing such issues can ruin your workout session or your mood to listen to soothing music. Bose SoundSport earbuds are one of the best in the range they come in, and no one expects to face such issues with them.
There are various reasons that may be the reason behind your Bose SoundSport earbuds not turning. You may encounter this issue because of a drained battery, technical glitch/big, or outdated firmware.
Fix Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones Not Turning On
Nothing to worry about; we have listed various troubleshooting steps to fix Bose Wireless headset not turning on. Read ahead to know more-
Check Your Headset Temperature
This is a lesser reason behind this issue, but you may face it due to unstabilized temperature. This generally happens when you have been using your headset outside for a very long time.
If your SoundSport earbuds are not turning on, take them inside and let them be for 10-15 minutes. This will stabilize the temperature, and you should be able to turn on the earbuds.
Charging Your Headset
A drained battery is the most common reason behind facing this issue. If you have been using your headset for a very long time and forgot to charge them, then chances are that battery might have drained out, and that’s why your headset is not turning on.
Charge your headset to the full and then turn on the headset. But what if the headset is not charging? If that’s the issue, then follow the steps given below-
- Reinsert the cable and then check if you can charge your Headset or not
- Check the port for dust and dirt. If there’s dirt in the port, then clean it and try charging your device.
- Replace your charging cable and then check whether you can charge your phone.
- If your Bose SoundSport Earbuds are still not, it may be because of faulty hardware. You can take the earbuds to the service center and get them checked.
Update Firmware Of Earbuds
Outdated firmware may also cause your Bose SoundSport earbuds to not turn on. You can update the firmware of the earbuds to fix the issue. Given below are the steps to update the firmware of the earbuds-
- First of all, download Bose Updater on your PC. You can click on this link to the download page and download the updater from there.
- Once you have downloaded the Bose updater, install it on your PC.
- Connect your earbuds to your PC using the USB cable.
- Once done, launch the updater on your PC.
- The updater will scan for any firmware updates available for your earbuds.
- Download and install the available firmware update and then check if the issue is still faced.
Reset Your Earbuds
Resetting your earbuds will refresh the firmware of the device. This will revert all the settings to the factory default and fix any issues you have faced. You can reset your Bose SoundSport earbuds by following the steps given below-
- Place the earbuds in the charging case.
- Now, eject the earbuds from the charging case after a few seconds.
- Now, put them on standby for a minute or two.
- Reboot the earbuds now.
This will reset the SoundSport earbuds. Once you finish it, check whether the earbuds are turning on.
Contact Customer Service
Contact Bose’s customer support if the issue still needs to be solved. The issue is often related to hardware and is not fixable from the user end. Contact customer service and explain to them the issue you have been facing. They will guide you with what can be done to fix this issue. To contact customer service, follow the steps given below-
- Click on this link to head to the service page of Bose earbuds.
- Here you will be asked to enter the 4-digit headphone code. You can either enter the 4-digit headphone code or the serial number.
- Once done with entering the code, click on Submit.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to raise a query about your product and get a way to fix the issue.
That’s it with this guide to fix Bose SoundSport earbuds not turning on. The above steps should help fix the issue you have been facing with the Bose earbuds. If your earbuds are under warranty, then contacting the service center would be a better option. The service center will provide you with a fix to the issue or replace your earbuds if they are faulty.