Today’s printers have both wired and wireless connections that you can use to connect them to your computer. After connecting the wireless printer to your wireless network, you can print wirelessly from anywhere in your house. You may want to add your wireless printer to your PC if you have a new printer or if you have recently installed Windows 11 on your system. If you wish to install a wireless printer to Windows 11 without know-how, this article will guide you through the process.
How To Add a Printer to Windows 11
This article will go through how to set up a wireless printer in Windows 11.
Adding Wireless Printer In Windows 11
Most probably, Windows 11 should find the wireless printer once your PC and the printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. However, if the wireless printer is not added automatically in Windows, then you can follow the steps given below to add the wireless printer in Windows PC manually-
- Open the Settings app on your PC by pressing the Windows + I key combo. Then, you can either search for the Settings app in the Start Menu or hit Enter to open the Settings app.
- Head to the Bluetooth & devices section from the left sidebar of the Settings app, and then on the right side, click on Printers & scanners.
- Click on the Add device button next to the Add a printer or scanner option.
- You should now find the printer listed here. If you get a message saying ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed, then click on Add Manually button.
- Select the Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer and then click on the Next button on the next window.
- Next, you will see your printer listed. Select the printer you want to add to your PC from the list and click on Next.
- If Windows 11 locates the printer through the IP address but cannot get the driver’s location, then click on Have Disk button to install the printer software manually.
- Once done, the printer will be added to Windows 11 successfully.
Suppose no printer is found even after trying all the above steps. In that case, you should probably try downloading the printer software/driver from the internet.
- How To Delete Printer Driver In Windows 11
- How To Install Windows 11 Printer Drivers Easily
- Top 10 Best Audio Voice Recorder for Windows 11 PC
- How To Fix Windows 11 Printer Spooler Error
- How to Get Printer Online Issue on Mac
If you have a wireless printer that you want to add to Windows 11, this article might prove helpful. In this article, we have discussed the complete step-by-step process to add a wireless printer to your PC. You can follow the steps given above to add a wireless printer to Windows PC.