Many times when wanting to take a printout from the printer, you may get a certain error that may cancel the print. This can be frustrating when you have to take a printout, but due to certain errors, you are not able to do so. Printer spooler error is a common error in Windows 11 that you may encounter. The printer spooler organizes the printing tasks. Moreover, it queues them for being sent to other printers and printing services. When the printer spooler is overloaded with tasks then you may face this error.
- 1 Fix Printer Spooler Errors in Windows 11
- 2 Fix 1: Restart Your PC
- 3 Fix 2: Update Your Windows
- 4 Fix 3: Run The Printer Troubleshooter
- 5 Fix 4: Clear The Printer Queue
- 6 Fix 5: Use Another App And Remove All Other Printers
- 7 Fix 6: Reinstall The Printer
- 8 Fix 7: Fix Print Spooler Services
- 9 Fix 8: Fixing Print Spooler Using Command Prompt
- 10 Final Words
Fix Printer Spooler Errors in Windows 11
If you are facing Printer Spooler Errors in Windows 11, then there is nothing to worry about it. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix Printer Spooler Errors in Windows 11.
Fix 1: Restart Your PC
Many times this error may be associated with random and temporary bugs on your system. Such errors can easily be solved by restarting your PC. You should try restarting your PC, and then check if you still get the error or not.
Fix 2: Update Your Windows
You should try updating your Windows 11. If this is a bug in Windows 11, then it will get fixed in the latest update of Windows 11. You should try updating your PC, and then check if you still get the Printer spooler errors in Windows 11 download.
Fix 3: Run The Printer Troubleshooter
The next thing that you can do is running the printer troubleshooter. The printer troubleshooter will identify any problems with your printer and will fix them. To run the printer troubleshooter, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings on your PC by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
- By default, you will be headed to the System section in Settings. If you are not on the System section, then you can click on System in the left sidebar in the settings.
- Here, click on troubleshoot and then click on other troubleshooters. Now click on the run option next to the printer. This will run the printer troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan your printer for any problem and fix it.
Fix 4: Clear The Printer Queue
As we have discussed, you may encounter this issue when the Printer Spooler is overloaded with various printing jobs. To fix this issue, you must try clearing the printer queue. After you clear the printer queue, the Printer Spooler will no longer be overloaded, and you will not face the issue.
Fix 5: Use Another App And Remove All Other Printers
If you still face this issue, then you should try using any other printing app. You may face this error due to some bug in the app you are using. Try using any other app for printing and the issue should be fixed.
You may also face this issue if multiple printers are connected to your PC. Multiple printers may conflict with the PC and may cause Printer Spooler errors in Windows 11. You may try removing all the other printers that may be causing the error, and check if the error persists or not. If you still get the Printer Spooler error, then you should move to the next step.
Fix 6: Reinstall The Printer
You should try removing the printer that you are using for printing. Remove the printers along with the drivers, and the software. Once done, reinstall the printer, and try printing again. You should now not face the issue.
Fix 7: Fix Print Spooler Services
Another thing that you can try doing is fixing the Print Spooler Services. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + R key combo on your keyboard. In the run dialog box, type services.msc and hit Enter.
- This will open Services windows on your PC.
- Here search for Print Spooler services. Right-click on it, and then click on the Properties option.
- Head to the General tab in the properties, and then click on Stop.
- After doing so, press the Windows + R key combo, and type C:\Windows\System32\spool\printers, and hit Enter.
- Now select everything in the printers folder, and delete them.
- Now head back to the Print Spooler Properties window in the Services.
- Now click on the start button to start the service again. Once done, click on OK.
Now try printing from the printer, and you should now not encounter the Printer Spooler errors in Windows 11.
Fix 8: Fixing Print Spooler Using Command Prompt
If the above methods didn’t help you fix the issue that you were facing, then you should try using the Command prompt to fix it. Follow the steps given below to fix the issue-
- In the start menu, search for CMD. Right-click on the command prompt and then click on run as administrator.
- Now in the command prompt, type the following commands, and execute them-
- net stop spooler
- del /Q /F /S “%systemroot%\System32\Spool\Printers\*.*”
- net start spooler
Once done, you should now no longer face the issue. This method is the same as the previous method. Instead of the Services app, you will be using the command prompt here to fix the issue.
- Fix Xbox One That Won’t Connect To Live in Windows 11
- How to Fix Critical Process Died Error in Windows 11
- How To Fix Stuck Airplane Mode In Windows 11
If you are facing Printer Spooler errors in Windows 11, then you can follow the steps given in this article. Following the above steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to troubleshoot the error.