Hey! So you’ve finally decided to delete your Discord account? Okay, there must be some reasons to delete the Discord account. Maybe you have decided that Discord just isn’t a VOIP for you anymore. Let’s learn how to delete a Discord account permanently in 2023.
Discord, is the best cross-platform chat app for text, video, and voice comms designed specifically for gamers. Where you can create secure chat channels to play games with friends, organize squads, find teammates, LFG, and participate in gaming communities. Whether you play Battle Royale or MOBA, FPS or RPG, or follow streamers or esports, you can easily start a group chat for everything you and your gaming clan want to discuss.
Discord is surely a fun platform to hang out virtually with many known and unknown people worldwide. You can do a lot on Discord. Like texting with a group of people around and also sharing your screen with them through the screen share feature in Discord. And lot more things you can do by becoming a server member in the Discord server.
And because of being such a fun and entertaining platform. Some users get addicted to it so high, And because of that, sometimes their social and personal lives get affected by it.
Then they want to take a break from Discord after some time. And also some users want to permanently take a break from it by deleting Discord. Maybe you also came here because you are sick of using Discord and want to take a permanent break by deleting your account.
But, before proceeding with the deletion of your Discord account permanently, you must keep some basic things in your mind that we’ll be telling you in this article.
Also Read: How To Unban Someone on Discord Easily
Prerequisites For Deleting A Discord Account
In Discord, you can delete your account very easily and simply only if you haven’t created any servers of your own on your account.
But, if you have created any server in your Discord account of yours then you’ll need to do little more extra work before deleting your account permanently. Don’t worry it won’t take more than a few minutes to complete the process without any trouble.
Either you delete your discord server or transfer your server’s ownership to some other person. We will try to tell you both here.
Deleting A Discord Server
Follow the simple steps:
- Open your Discord account on your web browser or just launch the app on your PC.
- Open the server you want to delete.
- Click on the down arrow on the right side of the server name.
- From the list of options, click on Server Settings
- Now click on the “Delete Server” option.
- To permanently delete the server, you have to type the server name.
Similarly, you can delete other servers too.
Transfer Ownership Of The Server
- Go to the server of which you want to transfer the ownership.
- Open the server menu by clicking on the down arrow.
- Now click on Server Settings.
- You’ll see the Members option, click on it.
- Now, you’ll see the list of all the members. Click on the three-dot icon appearing in front of that member’s name.
- Finally, tap on Transfer ownership.
How to Delete Discord Account
- Login to your account and click on the User Settings option.
- Click on the Edit option.
- After that, click on Delete Account.
- You are done, Enjoy.
In conclusion, we have provided you with a comprehensive guide on how to delete your Discord account in a few easy steps. The process is straightforward and hassle-free. Additionally, the good news is that you can always recreate your account whenever necessary. We trust that you found this article informative and enjoyable to read. That concludes our discussion on this topic.