Since counterfeit products are flooding the market, consumers should be sure the products they purchase are authentic. It’s no secret that Apple AirPods are one of the most popular wireless earbuds on the market. Using the serial number on the Apple AirPods will ensure you’re investing in genuine products and not counterfeit versions.
Here, we will guide you step-by-step process of checking the originality of Apple AirPods using the serial number. With these instructions, you are guaranteed to get genuine Apple AirPods that perform and look better than anything else on the market. So, let’s see how the Airpod serial number check works.
What is the Importance of Serial Numbers in Apple Products?
Digital fingerprints are embedded in every Apple AirPods unit that is genuine. When determining the authenticity of a product and determining warranty status, this serial number plays an important role.
It is essential for customers and Apple itself that serial numbers are used for tracking production, distribution, and sales. If you verify the serial number of your AirPods, you will be able to determine that they were made and sold through legitimate channels and are not counterfeit or unauthorized products.
How to Check Apple AirPods Original with Serial Number
Whether you buy from a third party or from an authorized retailer, there are a variety of ways you can verify the AirPods’ authenticity. There is one way to do this through the serial number on the AirPods. So, here are some methods that are used in Airpod serial number check:
1. Using AirPods
It can be challenging for some people to determine whether Apple AirPods are original. However, you can verify whether or not AirPods are genuine in a few ways.
- To start, look for the serial number on the back of the AirPods case. You can use this number to register AirPods and check if they are registered with Apple. Furthermore, the serial number should be printed on the box as well.
- In the second step, examine the AirPods case to determine the model number. It is important that this model number matches the one that is printed on the box.
2. Using Apple AirPods Box
To check the serial number of your AirPods or AirPod Pro, look at the charging case or device itself. Most charging cases, wireless charging cases, and MagSafe charging cases have serial numbers under the lid.
Using AirPods Max, you can know Airpod serial number check by removing the left magnetic ear cushion. To help you do that, here are a few tips:
- Take a look at the charging case. It should have a lightning port at the bottom and the Apple logo on the front.
- Inspect the AirPods for the Apple logo. Each earbud should have the label visible on the outside.
- Verify the product details. It is important to ensure that the model number, serial number, and other details on the box match.
3. Contact Apple Support
To get help with the online verification process or to request a more personalized approach, contact Apple Support. The serial number can be manually verified by them, as well as the authenticity of your AirPods can be confirmed. If you would like to contact Apple Support, you can do so by:
- Initially, for more information, visit the Apple Support website: https://support.apple.com/
- You can select your country or region.
- Select the AirPods category and issue that applies to you.
- To speak with an Apple representative, click Contact Support.
You will be asked for the serial number during the conversation, so remember to provide it. In order to verify the legitimacy of your AirPods, the support representative will provide assistance.
4. Using Settings Page
To verify the authenticity of your Apple AirPods, follow these instructions via the Settings menu.
- Open the Settings app and click General, then About.
- Take a look at the serial number of your AirPods by swiping down to the section.
Now, you can check the reliability of this number on Apple’s website.
5. Apple Store Visit
Consider visiting an Apple Store if you prefer a hands-on experience. AirPods can be physically inspected, serial numbers can be verified, and authenticity can be confirmed instantly by Apple’s knowledgeable staff.
6. Apple’s Official Website
It is simple to check your AirPods’ authenticity by visiting Apple’s official website. Here are the steps to follow to get Airpod serial number check correctly:
- Go to Apple’s official support page: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/.
- In the provided field, enter the serial number of your AirPods.
- If prompted, complete the captcha or security check.
- Then click Continue.
Verification of the serial number and an explanation of the model details, warranty status, and eligibility for extended warranties are displayed by Apple’s system. Hopefully, the information matches what you’re looking for! There is no doubt that these are genuine Apple AirPods.
7. Find the Serial Number on iOS or iPad
Apple iOS and Apple iPad OS can provide you with information about the serial number of AirPods. Here are the steps you need to follow to make sure to get Airpod serial number check done:
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Select your AirPods from the list.
- To check the serial number of your AirPods, click the More Info button next to them.
You can check whether your AirPods are fake by copying and pasting the serial number into Apple’s serial number lookup website and pressing Enter. When you type the serial number, you should receive detailed information about your AirPods. As a result, it indicates that AirPods are fakes.
Tips to Buy AirPods Originals and Check if AirPods Are Fake or Real
Buy from Authorized Retailers
- Purchase your AirPods only from Apple’s official stores, authorized resellers, or well-known and reputable retailers. Avoid buying from unverified sources or online marketplaces with suspiciously low prices.
- If you’re buying second-hand AirPods, ensure that the seller provides a proof of purchase and the original packaging.
Check for Genuine Packaging
- Inspect the packaging closely for Apple’s branding, logo, and high-quality printing. Genuine AirPods packaging usually has a premium look and feel.
- Look for details such as serial number labels, barcodes, and regulatory information on the box.
Examine the AirPods Case
- Authentic AirPods cases have precise and clean engravings. Counterfeit cases may have blurry or shallow engravings.
- Check the LED light on the front of the case. Authentic cases have a soft, subtle light, while counterfeit cases might have a brighter or inconsistent LED glow.
Assess the Build Quality
- Genuine AirPods are known for their impeccable build quality. Look for seamless seams, well-fitting components, and solid construction.
- Counterfeit AirPods may feel flimsy, have misaligned parts, or exhibit poor workmanship.
Verify Serial Number Placement
- The serial number can be found on both the original packaging and the AirPods case.
- On the packaging, look for a sticker or label with the serial number. It should match the serial number on the AirPods case.
Research Online Resources
Utilize Apple’s official website or dedicated verification tools to confirm the authenticity of your AirPods using the serial number.
Contact Apple Support
If you have doubts about the authenticity of your AirPods, you can reach out to Apple Support with your serial number. They can assist you in confirming whether your AirPods are genuine or counterfeit.
Trust Your Intuition
If something about the product feels off or too good to be true, it might be a sign that the AirPods are counterfeit. Trust your instincts and exercise caution.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s all we have for you on how the AirPods serial number check process works. It’s our hope that this guide has helped you. In case you still face issues while checking the serial number of your Airpod, don’t forget to comment below and let us know.
- Turn ON or Activate Noise Cancellation on Airpods, Pro, Max
- Why Are My AirPods So Quiet? Top 7 Working Ways to Fix
- How To Make Your AirPods Louder
- How to Find and Locate Lost AirPods That Are Offline
- How to Fix AirPods Case Not Charging No Light
- How to Fix AirPods Connected But No Sound
- How To Check Apple Warranty Status Easily