On your television, you can watch online videos and listen to audio content using the Roku device. Several channels are available through the platform, such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, and DirecTV.
Apple Music, however, is not supported by Roku. It is an app designed to play music on Apple devices. Roku still allows you to play iTunes music, so you can continue to enjoy your favorite albums. We will show you How to Listen to Apple Music on Roku in this guide. Read on to find out how.
Play Apple Music on Roku in 2022
Music is available exclusively on Apple devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You can view lyrics, play Airplay and stream offline with over 70 million songs. However, Apple Music is not available for Roku. It is possible to stream Apple Music on Rok, but it takes a little effort. Here are some options:
How to Play Apple Music on Roku with an Android Device
The Apple Music app is available for Android devices running Lollipop 5.0 or above. You can use Miracast or screen mirroring to stream it to your Roku device. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1. Visit the Google Play Store to find Apple Music. Download it.
Step 2. Open Apple Music. Sign in with your Apple ID.
Step 3. Slide down the notification panel to open the notification panel.
Step 4. In the settings menu, locate the cast option. Turn it on by clicking it. You should also ensure that both your Roku and your Android device are on the same network.
Step 5. You will now be able to screencast from nearby devices. Select your Roku device once it detects it.
Step 6. Once the app is launched on your device, you can listen to Apple Music.
Step 7. With Roku streaming devices, you can now listen to your favorite music tracks.
You can mirror the screen of your iOS device on Roku to play Apple Music as you do on Android devices.
Step 1. From the Apple Store, download Mirror for Roku.
Step 2. Install the Roku Mirror app on your streaming device.
Step 3. Go to your iOS device and launch the application.
Step 4. Let it find nearby devices. Choose your Roku device after it’s done.
Step 5. Give permission for mirroring. Click Start Mirroring to begin.
Step 6. Click on Start Broadcast.
Step 7. Open Apple Music on your iOS device. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
Step 8. Choose any track and play it. It will play on your Roku device.
Screen Mirror Apple Music From PC
- Open the music.apple.com website in your PC browser.
- Sign in using your Apple ID.
- On your keyboard, press Windows + P.
- Select Connect to a wireless display from the Project tab.
- Click on the connect tab to select your Roku device.
- Use Apple Music to listen to any album. Use your Roku device to listen to it.
Stream Apple Music to Roku by Converting it to MP3
The method described here differs from those listed above. Since it is a secondary device, you will not have to mirror its screen. To play the music on Roku, you must convert the iTunes music files to an audio format compatible with the Roku. You can then play the music on Roku.
1. Run the application Apple Music Converter on your Mac or PC to convert your music. iTunes will also launch simultaneously.
2. Select the tracks to be converted and save them. Furthermore, if you haven’t already added your favorites from Apple Music, go to iTunes. Browse your iTunes library to find your favorites.
3. Select Output Format from the menu. Select MP3. No other options need to be changed. This will be done automatically.
4. From the top menu, click on Convert. This will convert the songs.
5. The music can now be played using the Roku media player.
Can Roku stream Apple Music directly?
Apple Music is not currently available on Roku’s channel store as a standalone channel.
Furthermore, the Apple Music app is not compatible with any streaming device other than an Apple device. Due to the M4P format, Roku can’t play the music files. Apple Music cannot even be streamed on a Roku device using the “Play on Roku” application on your iPhone. Streaming Apple Music on Roku directly is, in short, not possible.
- How To Install and Activate PlayStation Vue on Roku
- How To Get and Activate USA Network on Roku
- How to Get & Install Beachbody on Demand on Roku
- How To Fix Roku Remote Volume is Not Working
This was all about How to Listen to Apple Music on Roku. These are some options for streaming Apple Music with your Roku device. Using Spotify or Amazon Music on your Roku device is a good option if you want to enjoy music on your device. If you still have questions, you can ask in the comments.