When it comes to customization, the iPhone falls well short. Except for wallpapers, nothing on the iPhone can be personalized. If you want to put widgets on your iPhone’s home screen, you won’t be able to do so natively. And, Android devices have the upper hand in this area.
If you want to customize your iPhone with widgets, you’ll need to use a third-party app. To add widgets to the iPhone’s home screen, you can use WidgetSmith. This article will show you how to use the WidgetSmith app to place widgets on your home screen if you don’t already know-how.
Add WidgetSmith To iPhone/iPad Home Screen.
This article shared how you can add WidgetSmith to the home screen on iPhone and set widgets using it.
Making Widgets Using WidgetSmith
Firstly, you will have to create the widgets using the WidgetsSmith app before adding them to your iPhone. To make widgets, follow the steps given below:
- First, download the Widgetsmith app from the Apple App Store.
- You will have to select the size of the widget you want to create. Then, you can either tap on Small #1, Medium #1, or Large #1, depending on the widget’s size.
- Now tap on the [Image Size] #1, and you will be able to rename your widgets. You can rename the widget to anything you want to.
- Now, tap on the Default Widget, and you will be headed to the widget selection page on the WidgetSmith. Here, you will choose what type of widget you are looking forward to creating. You can select a widget and the style of your preference. There is also a photos widget section that you will find at the top of the page. You can scroll down for more categories.
- After doing so, tap on the Aesthetic / Theme that you will see at the bottom to customize the widget.
- Next, select the premade aesthetic and tap on the Customize Theme button. Doing so will let you personalize your widget. You will now be able to change the widget font, background color, border color, and others.
- Once you are done with it, tap on the Save to finish your work. ‘
- Next, you will be asked whether you want to apply changes to the widget or the theme. Select any of the options which you want to go for.
- Now tap on the Save button to complete the process.
This will allow you to make your custom widgets using the WidgetSmith app on iPhone. Once you are done creating widgets on the WidgetSmith app, you can continue the process.
Adding Widgets To The Home Screen Of iPhone
After you have created a widget using WidgetSmith, you will have to add it to your home screen. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the iPhone’s home screen and then long-press on the wallpaper to launch the Jiggle mode. After doing so, long-press on any app icon and then select the Edit Home Screen option.
- Next, tap on the Plus icon that you see at the top.
- Select WidgetSmith from the app list.
- Next, you will be asked to select the size of the custom widget you want to create. In case if you have one widget under the desired size, then WidgetSmith will automatically add the widget after selecting the size. If not, then you can continue with the steps given below.
- Next, tap on Add widget, and a blank widget grid will be added to your Home Screen in the Jiggle Mode. You can now use the Jiggle mode by pressing and holding the wallpaper on the home screen to move the widget to any place you want.
- Now tap on the empty Widgetsmith widget on your home screen to launch the app.
- Next, tap on the widget size adjacent to the widget on the popup. By doing so, Widgetsmith will display your custom widget that can easily be fitted in the empty grid.
- After that, select the custom widget from the list and then go back to the home screen. You will then find the custom widget here.
- How To Turn Off The Orange Dot In iOS 17 iPhone
- Fix if Siri Not Working on iPhone After iOS 17 Update
- How To Fix Netflix Not Working On iOS 17
- How To Fix Voicemail Not Working On iPhone
- Fix iOS 17 Stuck on Update Requested on iPhone
- Fix Apple CarPlay Not Working in iOS 17 iPhone
If you want to add widgets to your iPhone, you can use the WidgetSmith app. Following the above steps, you will add widgets using the WidgetSmith app on your iPhone.