Voicemail is a useful feature on iPhone that lets you receive voice messages when you cannot answer the call. Many users have reported facing problem with Voicemail and said that it had suddenly stopped working. This can be very frustrating if you prefer using this feature to get the messages, but suddenly it stops working. This can be due to several reasons that you are facing the issue. This is just a minor issue that can easily be fixed with the help of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article.
Fix Voicemail Not Working On iPhone 13
In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix voicemail not working on iPhone.
Ensure Voicemail Is Enabled
If the Voicemail feature is not enabled or set up on your iPhone, you are most likely to face the issue. You should first check whether the voicemail is enabled on your iPhone or not. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Here tap on voicemail and then check whether the feature is enabled or not.
Try Force Closing The Phone App
You can try force-closing the phone app and then check if you still get the error or not. To force close the app, follow the steps given below-
- On iPhone X or any other newer version of the iPhone, swipe from the bottom of your screen until you see apps in the task view. If you are using iPhone 8 or any other older version of iPhone, simply double press the home button to see apps in task view.
- Now swipe up the Phone app card to force close it.
- After this, try using the voicemail again and check if it is working or not.
Try Switching On And Off Airplane Mode
You can try turning off the airplane mode and then turning it on. This refreshes the cellular network, which may be causing the voicemail to not work on iPhone. To turn on and then turn o airplane mode, follow the steps given below-
ff airplane mode, follow the steps given below-
- Swipe down from the top right of the screen. If you are using iPhone 8 or earlier, then swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Now tap the Airplane icon to turn it on. This will highlight the Airplane icon indicating Airplane mode is on.
- Wait for a few seconds and tap on the Airplane icon again to turn it off.
Restart Your Phone
If you are still facing the same problem even after trying all the above steps, you may restart your iPhone. Restarting your iPhone can most probably fix the issue for you.
Turn Off And On Cellular Data
Cellular Data may also interrupt the functioning of the voicemail in iPhone. If voicemail is not working on iPhone, then cellular data may be the reason. Try turning the cellular data off and then on again to fix the issue.
- Head to the Control center on your iPhone by swiping from the top right side of your iPhone.
- Now tap on the Cellular data icon if it is highlighted to turn it off.
- Now tap on the icon again after 30 seconds to turn it on.
Install Carrier Settings Update
Another thing that you can do is install the carrier settings update. To install carrier settings update, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Head to the General section, and then tap on About.
- Here, check for updates. Install any updates if it is found.
Ensure Call Forwarding Is Off
Call forwarding can also cause an issue with the voicemail on iPhone. Ensure you turn off call forwarding and then check if you still face the issue or not.
- Head to the Settings of your iPhone and then head to the Phone section.
- Here, tap on Call Forwarding and then turn off the toggle for Call Forwarding.
Reset Voicemail Password
You can either try changing the voicemail password and then check if the issue persists. To reset Voicemail password, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings of your phone.
- Here head to the Phone section, and then click on Change Voicemail password.
- Now enter the new password that you want to keep for the voicemail.
Set Automatic Time
Next, let your device automatically set the time depending on the location. Follow the steps given below to set automatic time-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on the General option, and then select Date & Time.
- Now turn on the toggle for Set Automatically.
Reset Network Settings
If none of the above fixes help fix the issue, you will have to reset your network settings. This will fix the issue if the voicemail is not working on iPhone. To reset network settings, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings app of your iPhone.
- In the Settings, tap on General and then on Reset.
- Here, tap on Reset Network Settings.
- You will be asked to enter your password. After entering the password, confirm resetting the network settings.
- How To Fix Spotify Not Working On iOS 15
- How To Customize App Icons On iOS 14
- Is AppleCare Worth for MacBook Pro/Air or iPhone
After following the above steps, the voicemail should be working now. These methods will help you solve the issue that you were facing with the voicemail.