Microsoft Outlook has been the top email client since the day of its release in 90s. Currently, more than a million organizations, teams, and individuals use Outlook to streamline their day-to-day email and work routines. These work routines are assisted by the events in the Outlook Calendar. However, when events don’t show up in the Outlook Calendar in Windows 11, things can get quite tough.
If events on your Outlook calendar on Windows 11 are also not showing up, don’t worry. The issue is more common than it sounds. Keep reading our guide to fix this issue as soon as possible.
Why Events Not Showing in Outlook Calendar on Windows 11?
There can be practically many reasons why events are not showing in Outlook Calendar. First of all, there can be incorrect view settings that is not allowing the events and appointment notifications to pop up. If that’s the case, you need to adjust the settings accordingly.
Another reason why events are not showing on Outlook Calendar is Sync issues. If the sync feature is not working in accordance with your email provider, you need to reset the sync settings or sync it again in order to get it back up and working.
Lastly, the most common issue we have found is that Outlook is set to work in offline mode. In the case of offline mode, Outlook is disconnected from the internet in order to show you offline to every other user. When that happens, your events or appointments won’t show up because you are offline.
Whatever the issue you are facing, we have come up with a walkaround guide that can help you resolve your issue of events not showing up on Outlook calendar.
Fix Events Not Showing in Outlook Calendar on Windows 11
If events are not showing in Outlook Calendar, don’t worry. Just go through this set of fixes, and you will be good to go. However, make sure that you follow these fixes in the order they are mentioned.
Fix 1: Reset the Calendar View
Sometimes all the problems are sourced from the Calendar view. If that is not adjusted properly, events won’t show up in Outlook Calender on Windows 11. If that’s the problem, follow these steps to reset the Calender view:
- Click on the Windows icon, type Outlook and press Enter.
- Now, from the bottom left corner, click on Calendar.
- Switch to the View tab.
- Click on View Settings.
- Click on Reset Current View.
Now, restart Outlook and click on the Calendar icon to check whether events are showing up or not.
Fix 2: Disable Caching in MS Outlook
Caching is the process that stores older data to serve your data quickly. Similarly, to provide details quickly, Outlook caches data every time. However, if events are not showing up in Outlook Calendar, disabling the caching can fix it. Here are the steps to disable caching:
- Click on the Windows button and search for Outlook. Press Enter to open it.
- Now, click on the File tab.
- Next, click on Account Settings.
- From the drop-down menu, again select Account Settings.
- Select your account and click on Change.
- Now click on More Settings.
- Switch to the Advanced tab and untick Purge Items When Switching Folders Online.
- Click on Next.
- Wait for 1 minute.
- Go to the same place again, tick Purge Items When Switching Folders Online and click on Save.
- Close everything.
Now, caching is disabled on your Microsoft Outlook Account. Check whether events are showing up on Outlook or not. If still no, follow up with the next fix.
Fix 3: Update the Meetings Tool
Even after disabling cache, if events are not showing up on Outlook in Windows 11, it is now time to upgrade the meetings tool. Over time, the meetings tool get outdated and updating that can fix the events not showing up issue. Here are the steps to update the meetings tool:
- Click on the Windows button and search for Outlook.
- Press Enter to open it.
- Now, click on File from the top left corner.
- Click on Office Account.
- Now, click on Check Options.
- Click on Update Now. This option can also be marked as Install Updates depending on whether updates are already downloaded and installed.
- Once done, Outlook will restart.
That’s it. Now, events should start showing up on Calendar in Outlook. If this is also not working, move on to the next fix.
Fix 4: Personalize your Calendar
The next option you have is to personalize your calendar in MS Outlook. If Outlook is not showing up events or appointments, it is only possible that you haven’t set it the way you are expecting it to. As a result, personalizing it will make sure that Outlook shows you the events you care about. Follow these steps to personalize your Outlook calendar:
- Open Outlook.
- From the left side, click on Calendar.
- Now, right-click on the Calendar and then click on Options.
- Now, you will have an array of settings available to you.
- Tick mark on Show Bell Icon on the Calendar for Appointments and Meetings.
- Click on OK.
- Once done, restart Outlook.
Now, the calendar on your Outlook will start showing each and every event, appointment, and meeting. In rare cases, if this also didn’t help you fix the issue, follow up with the next fix.
Fix 5: Do an Outlook Diagnostic
MS Outlook offers a self-diagnostic. This diagnostic service can fix any ongoing issues with the app. In this case, events not showing up on Calendar is our issue, and the Diagnostic feature can surely help you fix it. Follow these steps if you don’t know to use it:
- Open Outlook.
- While in the home page of Outlook, switch to the Help tab.
- Click on Get Diagnostics.
- Click Yes when asked for Privacy Permission.
- Keep following the on-screen instructions.
That’s it. Now, all your issues with Outlook will be fixed, including the Events not showing up.
This is a common issue to be encountered with Microsoft Outlook. If you made your way to this article searching for ways to fix this issue then we won’t disappoint you. We have listed all the ways by which you can fix Events not showing in Outlook Calendar. If for some reason you still face the issue or face trouble with any of the above steps then you can mention your query in the comments section below.
- Top 3 Ways to Move Microsoft Outlook Toolbar From Side to Bottom
- Where to Find QR Code In Microsoft Outlook | Android, PC
- How to Archive Emails in Outlook 365 (Working Guide)
- 10 Ways to Share Your Calendar in Microsoft Outlook Email
- How to Change Outlook Inbox View on Desktop or Web
- 7 Ways to Fix Outlook Stuck at Loading Profile on Windows 11