Turning off PS5 Console, Controller, and mic may not be as easy as you may consider it to be, especially if you are using the PS5 for the very first time. If you have been looking for a way to turn off the controller, mic of the PS5, and the console itself then this article will guide you with it.
Ways To Turn Off PS5 Console and Controller 2023
This guide discusses the step-by-step process to turn off the PS5 Console, controller, and mic.
Turn Off PS5 Console
There are two ways to turn off the PS5 Console, you can do it with the help of a controller as well as without a controller.
Given below are the steps to turn off the PS5 Console through the controller –
- Press the PlayStation logo on the controller.
- Now click on the Power icon. You will now have three options- Enter Rest Mode, Turn Off PS5 and Restart PS5.
- Enter Rest Mode- This will put your PS5 Console in the rest mode. It means your PS5 will still be able to download the patches, install the games as well as charge the controllers attached to it while drawing only a bit of power.
- Turn Off PS5- This will power off your PS5 console completely.
- Restart PS5- This will typically restart your console, i.e., turn it off first and then turn it on again.
- As we have to turn off the PS5 console, simply select the Turn Off PS5 option.
- You will see a message on the screen which says Preparing to turn off your PS5. Do not unplug the AC power cord until you see the power indicator on the PS5 stop blinking.
To turn off the PS5 console without the controller, follow the steps given below-
- There will be two buttons on the black bar in the middle of the PS5 console. If you have the digital version then you will have only one button on it.
- Here lookout for the Power button. Now, press and hold down the Power button until you hear two beeps. Don’t release the button after the first beep as your PS5 will get into rest mode.
- You will see a message on the screen that your PS5 is shutting down. Wait for the power indicator to turn off and then unplug the PS5 from the power supply.
Turn Off PS5 Controller Mic
If you want to turn off your PS5 Mic because you don’t want anyone to hear you, then you will be able to do it through the controller, control center, or the settings menu. Ahead in this article, we will be discussing all the possible ways to turn off the PS5 controller mic in –
To turn off the PS5 controller mic, press the Horizontal Mute button in the center of your controller which you will find under the PlayStation logo. When the mic gets muted, the button will blink orange.
Turn off PS5 Mic Through Control Center
You can also turn off the PS5 mic through Control Center. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the PlayStation icon on your controller.
- Now, press X on the mic icon while in the Control Center.
- This will mute the mic on your controller.
Turn off PS5 Mic Through Settings
Another way to mute Mic is through the Settings menu. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- On the home screen of the PlayStation, click on the Gear icon in the top right corner.
- In the Settings, head to the Sound section.
- In the Sound, head to the Microphone.
- Now, set the Input Device to Microphone on Controller.
- Now, click on Microphone Status When Logged In and select Mute.
Turn Off PS5 Controller
Many people prefer turning off the PS5 controller when they are downloading a game on their PS5 and want to save the battery of the PS5 controller. You can turn it off by following the steps given below-
Turn Off PS5 Controller from Control Center
You can turn off the PS5 Controller through the control center. Follow the steps given below to turn of PS5 Controller through the Control Center-
- Firstly, press the PlayStation icon button on your controller.
- Now, head to the Accessories option in the PS5 menu.
- Press X and you will see all the accessories connected as well as your controller.
- Head to your controller option and press the X button.
- Now, select the Turn off option and this will shut down the pad.
Turning Off PS5 Controller Automatically
To set the PS5 controller to turn off automatically, follow the steps given below-
- Head to the Settings of your PS5 by selecting the Gear icon on the top right corner.
- Here, select System and head to the Power Saving tab.
- Now on the right side, select Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off.
- You can set the controller to turn off automatically after the set time.
In this article, we have discussed steps to turn off the PS5 console, its controller as well as the mic. Following the steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to turn off the PS5 console, controller, and mic.