PS4 comes with a DualShock 4 wireless controller, which connects wirelessly to the console, and lets you enjoy your game. However, sometimes there can be issues with the controller that you get with PS4. Users have reported PS4 controller flashes white issues which hinder the complete gaming experience of the gamers and also PS4 controller not connecting to PS4.
This PS4 white light can be encountered due to several reasons like misconfigured controller, the issue with the system, and glitch with the controller as well. If you encountered this error, then you are at the right place.
Here we will be discussing how you can fix the PS4 controller flashing white issue.
Restart The PS4
The very first thing that you can do is restarting your PS4. This error occurs mostly due to glitches or temporary bugs in the system. In such cases, you need not move ahead with the troubleshooting as restarting the console will solve the problem.
Restarting the PS4 will refresh the system and it will also remove any corrupt temporary data which was causing the PS4 Controller Blinking white issue.
Try Connecting Your Controller With A Micro USB Cable
The controller that you get with PS4 is wireless, and you can use it wirelessly with your system. However, if you are facing any issue with the PS4 controller, then you can try to connect it to the PS4 with a Micro USB cable and check if the issue gets solved or not.
To connect your PS4 controller with a MicroUSB cable, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, turn off your console.
- After all the lights turn off on the console, unplug the power cable.
- Next, you will have to drain the power from the PS4 completely. To do so, press the power button for 30 seconds and this will ensure that all the power from the PS4 is completely drained.
- Now connect your controller to the PS4 using a Micro USB cable. Once done, you can turn on the PS4 console.
- After the console is turned on, check whether the issue persists or not. If you still get the PS4 controller flashing white issue, you can move ahead to the next method.
Reset Your Controller
If the above method doesn’t solve the issue, you can try resetting your controller. This will refresh your PS4 controller, and most probably you won’t encounter the issue again. You can reset your PS4 controller by following the steps given below:
- Ensure that your controller is turned on, and you still see the flashing white light on the controller, before you reset the controller. To reset the controller, use a small pin or you can even use the SIM ejector tool. You will have to press the reset button using a small pin for 3 seconds. You will find the reset button at the back of your controller near the top right screw close to the L2 button.
- After resetting the PS4 controller, turn off your console.
- Now turn your console on, and connect the controller to the PS4 again.
- This should solve the issue; you should not see the PS4 controller flashing white now. However, if you still face the error, you can move to the next troubleshooting method.
Use A Different Controller
The next thing that you can try doing is, using a different controller. If another controller works fine on your PS4 then probably there is some fault in your PS4. However, if the other controller that you try using with your PS4 is also not working, then you will have to boot your PS4 in safe mode then try troubleshooting it.
Booting Your PS4 In Safe Mode
If any of the above methods didn’t fix the issue, then you can try booting your PS4 in safe mode. From safe mode, you will be able to troubleshoot the problem and fix it easily. Before you move ahead with the process, ensure you take a backup of all the data on your PS4.
To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Turn off your PS4.
- When your PS4 is turned off, hold down the power button, until you hear two beeps. Do not leave the power button until you hear two beeps.
- You will hear the first beep when you press the power button and you will hear the second beep after 7 seconds of holding down the power button.
- Then connect the PS4 controller with the USB cable and then press the PlayStation button on the controller. You will be booted to Safe Mode successfully.
- Now in safe mode, you will see an option called rebuild database. Select this option, the console will begin scanning the drive.
- It will then create a new database of the content. Wait until the process is complete. Also, know that this process may delete all the data and configuration on your PS4.
- After the process is completed, the issue of the PS4 controller flashing white will be solved.
- How Much Money Have I Spent On League Of Legends
- How To Add Escape From Tarkov To Steam Library
- How To Fix PS4 WS-37337-3 Error
- How To Fix Feature Update To Windows 10 Error 0x80080008
- Fix Overwatch 2 Crashing, Freezing, Stuttering PC, Xbox, PS4, PS5
- How to Play NCAA 14 on PS4
These were some of the troubleshooting steps you can follow to fix the ps4 controller blinking white light.