Snapchat is one of the biggest phone and video-sharing platforms out there. Snapchat allows you to share photos and videos through chat or as a Snap. Snaps can be taken using the Snapchat camera on the app. However, the Snapchat camera creates a shutter sound when you capture a picture. The shutter sound that Snapchat makes when taking a Snap is something that many users desire to disable.
You would be in the right place if you landed on this post in search of a method to disable Snapchat’s camera sound.
How to Turn Off Camera Sound on Snapchat
This article will cover how to turn off the Snapchat camera sound.
Turning Off The Camera Sound On Snapchat
There’s no built-in option to turn off the camera sound on Snapchat. That means you won’t find an option within the settings of the Snapchat app that allows you to turn off the camera sound. However, having no option to do so does not mean you cannot turn off the camera sound on Snapchat. Well, there are certain workarounds that you can follow to disable the Snapchat camera sound.
Silent Your Phone
The first thing you can try doing is putting your phone on silent. When you put your phone on silent, you won’t hear any app sound, including notifications. This is the universal method to turn off the camera sound on Snapchat. Putting your phone to silent will mute the camera shutter sound on Snapchat, as well as calls, messages, and other notifications.
Turn Off The Volume Of Your Phone
Another thing you can do is turn off your phone’s volume. Decrease the volume of the phone to zero to turn it off. Simply use the volume rockers on your phone to turn off the volume; that’s the easiest thing you can do.
You can also use your phone’s Settings to turn off the volume. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Here, tap on Sounds and Vibration.
- Next, tap on Volume to open the Volume control center.
- Here, slide the volume slider to zero to turn off the volume.
DND, or Do Not Disturb, is a productivity feature in modern-day smartphones that mutes all the notifications. This feature mutes all of your notifications, including your phone calls. Enabling DND will turn off the camera sound on Snapchat. So if you don’t want to hear the Snapchat camera shutter, you can turn on DND mode. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Swipe down on your phone’s screen from the top to open Control Center.
- Tap on DND to highlight it to blue (which means it is turned on). If you have an iPhone, tap on Focus and turn on Do Not Disturb.
Mute Camera Shutter On Camera App
You can also mute the camera shutter on the camera app on your device. You must follow this method only if you use any other camera app, not the Snapchat camera, to take snaps. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Camera app on your phone.
- Open the Settings of the camera by tapping on the settings icon at the top corner.
- Here, look out for Shutter Sound and disable the toggle for it.
This way, you can mute the camera shutter sound on the Camera app. You can do the same on a third-party camera app if you are using one.
Snapchat has camera shutter sound enabled by default. Some people may find the sounds of the camera shutter unpleasant when taking pictures. This guide can assist you if you wish to disable the camera shutter sound. To turn off the camera sound on Snapchat, simply follow the directions above.
- Change ‘My Eyes Only Password’ on Snapchat
- How To Make Public Profile On Snapchat Android/iPhone
- How to Pin a Friend’s Conversation on Snapchat
- How to Fix Snaps Won’t Send on Snapchat
- How To Unlock The Butterflies Lens on Snapchat
- How To Fix Snapchat Won’t Load Snaps or Stories
- How To Get Back a Lost Snapchat Streak