Threads have been released for Android and iOS devices but not for Windows and Mac. You heard that right; you can use Threads on your phones and tablets but not your PC. Unlike other social media platforms, there’s no web version of Threads, so you cannot use Threads on the browser on your PC.
But what if you want to use Threads on your PC? Isn’t there a way to do it? Well, let me tell you there is a way to do it, but it is not as straightforward as downloading other apps on Windows. This article will guide you on how to use Threads on Windows 11 PC.
Download & Install Threads App on Windows 11 PC
There are various ways to use Threads on Windows 11 PC. You can either sideload the Threads app on your Windows 11 PC or install Threads on an Android emulator (like BlueStacks) installed on your PC. Let’s go through all these methods to use Threads on Windows 11 PC.
Sideload Threads On Windows 11 PC
The first way to use Threads on Windows 11 is by sideloading it. Here’s how you can do it-
- First of all, get the Threads APK. You can click on this link to head to the APK Mirror website. You will find the download button under the Download section; download the Threads APK from here.
- Right-click on the download APK file, and click on Rename. Now, rename the file to Threads.
Note- Don’t change the file’s extension from .apk to something else.
- Now, follow this guide to Install Amazon App Store on Windows 11. Once you have Amazon App Store installed on your PC, you can move to the next step.
- Visit the SDK Platform Tools page. Scroll to the Downloads section, and click on Download SDK Platform-Tools for Windows to download the SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Press Windows + E key combo to open File Explorer and then head to the location where the SDK Platform Tools have been downloaded.
- Right-click on the SDK-Platform Tools and then click on Extract All.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to extract the file. After extracting it, open the extracted folder.
- Copy the Threads.apk file you downloaded earlier to the extracted Platform-Tools folder; don’t close the folder after copying the folder.
- Press the Windows key to open Start Menu, and type Windows Subsystem for Android. Press Enter to open it.
- Here, turn on the toggle for Developer Mode, then click the Copy button to copy the IP Address.
- Now, inside the extracted Platform-tools folder, click on the address bar at the top.
- In the address bar, type CMD and press Enter. This will open the Command Prompt window for the Platform-tools folder.
- Here, type and execute the following command-
adb connect WSA-IP-ADDRESSNote- In the above command, you must replace the WSA-IP-ADDRESS with the IP Address you copied earlier.
- After this, execute the following command-
- adb install Threads.apk
Note- In the above command, Threads.apk is the name of the APK you have moved to the Platform-Tools folder. If you have named the file something else, replace Threads.apk with that in the above command.
- Once done, this will sideload the Threads app on your Windows 11 PC.
BlueStacks is an Android emulator that you can install on your Windows 11 PC and install Android apps on it and use them. You can install BlueStacks on your PC and then install Threads on it. You can do this by following the steps given below-
- Visit the BlueStacks website, and then click on the Download option.
- Run the BlueStacks installer once you have downloaded it.
- When the installation wizard opens up, click on the Install Now button.
- This will download and install the BlueStacks.
- Once the BlueStacks is installed, open it.
- Click on the Search bar at the top and search for the Threads app.
- Now, click on Install via Google Play button.
- Wait for the BlueStacks to install the Threads app.
- Once you have downloaded the Threads app, you can run it on BlueStacks.
Above are the two ways to use Threads on Windows 11 PC. You can follow the above steps to download the Threads app on your PC and use it without any issues. Ensure you follow the steps correctly, and if you face a problem with any step mentioned above, then you can tell us in the comment section below.
- How to Delete or Permanently Deactivate Your Threads Account
- How to Fix Threads App Not Working Android, iOS
- How to Follow Everyone on Threads After Skipping
- Threads Content Not Available? Here’s How to Fix
- 7 Ways to Fix Threads App Crashing, Freezing, Unresponsive or Stuck
- How to Fix Threads Post Failed to Upload Issues 2023.
- How to Fix Threads “An Unknown Error Occurred” Issues
- Who Unfollowed Me On Threads? Here’s How to Check
- How to Download Threads Videos (4 Ways)