Many users have reported slow internet speed on their Dell PCs, and SmartByte is why you are facing this issue. Dell PCs come with SmartByte, which automatically prioritize the network to the apps. This application gives the most internet speed if you are streaming video online. However, sometimes you may encounter slow internet speed because of SmartByte Network Service on Windows 11.
What is Smartbyte Network Telemetry Service
If SmartByte Network Service causes slow internet speed on Windows 11, this article will help you fix that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can fix slow internet speed on Windows 11 because of SmartByte Network Service.
Update Wi-Fi Drivers
If SmartByte Network Service causes slow internet speed on Windows 11, you should try updating the Wi-Fi drivers. To update Wi-Fi drivers, follow the steps given below-
- In the start menu, search for device manager, and open it.
- Expand network adapters in the device manager by double-clicking on it.
- Here select the Wi-Fi driver. Right-click on it, and then click on update driver. After you are done updating your driver, restart your PC.
You can either use third-party software like Driver Booster and DriverPack Solution to update the drivers. These tools will scan your device for all the outdated drivers, and you will be able to update them easily.
You can either download the supported driver for your Wi-Fi using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. You can download the latest Intel Wi-Fi drivers for your Dell PC from here.
Update SmartByte Software
You may also face slow internet speed due to outdated SmartByte software. If you are facing this issue because of the outdated SmartByte software, then you can try updating the SmartByte software and then check if you still face the issue or not. You can download the latest version of the SmartByte Software from the Dell website.
Download the latest SmartByte software, and run the setup. Install the software on your PC, and you will no longer face the issue.
Disable SmartByte Utility
If SmartByte Network Service causes slow internet speed on Windows 10, it may be due to a temporary glitch. This temporary glitch or bug may be solved by disabling the SmartByte Utility from the startup. To disable SmartByte Utility, follow the steps given below-
- Press the start icon to open the start menu. In the start menu, search for Task Manager and open it.
- Head to the startup tab in the Task Manager.
- Search for SmartByte Utility here. Select SmartByte Utility and click on disable to disable the SmartByte Utility.
- Once done, exit the Task Manager, and you should now not face the error.
Uninstall And Reinstall SmartByte Software
If you still face this error, you should try uninstalling the SmartByte software and installing it again. To uninstall and reinstall SmartByte Software, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + I key combo to open Settings on your PC.
- Head to the apps section from the left sidebar in settings.
- Now click on Apps & features in the apps section.
- Here search for SmartByte. Click on three ellipses right next to the SmartByte, and click on uninstall.
- Confirm the uninstalling of the device.
- Once done, restart your PC.
- You will no longer face the issue.
If you want, you can reinstall the SmartByte software on your PC. Download the SmartByte software from the official website of Dell, and then install it on your PC. This will now not cause the issue anymore.
- Windows Update Medic Service
- How To Create BMP File In Windows 11
- What is WSAPPX in Windows 10: Fix High CPU Disk Usage
This article will assist you in resolving the issue of slow internet speed caused by SmartByte Network Service on Windows 11. We discussed troubleshooting methods for slow internet speed caused by the SmartByte Network. If you find this guide helpful, feel free to share it with your friends.