Windows 11 brings various features to your PC. Not only it brings new features, but Windows 11 is also more convenient to use than the past version of Windows. From accessing apps to creating BMP files, everything has become much easier and more convenient with Windows 11. You can create a new BMP file through the context menu, which was not possible with Windows 10. If you are reading this article, you are probably searching for a way to create a new BMP file on Windows 11.
How To Create Bitmap File On Windows 11
Worry not, because this article discusses all the ways to create a new BMP file on Windows 11.
Creating A BMP File On Windows 11 Using Context Menu
As we have already discussed, Windows 11 introduced an easier method of creating a new BMP file, and that is through the context menu. Earlier it was not possible with Windows 10, and users have to go all way through opening the File Explorer to create BMP File. This makes it easier and much more convenient to create a new BMP file on Windows 11.
Follow the steps given below to create a new BMP file on Windows 11 using the context menu.
- Open the File Explorer and head to the location where you want to create the BMP file. If you want to create the BMP file on your desktop, then stay on the desktop only.
- Right-click on any space. This will open the context menu.
- Hover over to the New item option. This will open a list of items that you can create. Select Bitmap Image.
- This will create a Bitmage Image (BMP file) at the location. You can then edit the file, rename it, or do whatever you want to do.
Creating A New BMP File On Windows 11 Using File Explorer
Another way to create a new BMP file on Windows 11 is using File Explorer. This method is not new to Windows 11 and has been there in Windows 10 as well. This is the traditional method of creating a new BMP file that we have been using until Windows 11 came.
However, if you don’t know how to create a BMP file using File Explorer, then you can follow the steps given below-
- Head to the location in File Explorer where you want to create and save the BMP file.
- Click on the downside arrow that you will find on the New Folder option that you will find at the top left corner of the File Explorer Window.
- Now, hover over the New item option, and click on Bitmap Image.
- This will create a BMP file or the Bitmap Image at that location. You will now be able to edit it, rename it, copy or cut it, or do whatever you want to.
- Best Screen Dimmer & Brightness Apps for Windows 11
- How To View Hidden Folders and Files In Windows 11
- How To Take a Screenshot On Windows 11
These are the two methods to create the BMP files on your PC with Windows 11. The first method is newly introduced in Windows 11, while the second method is the traditional method that you will find in Windows 10 as well. Following the above methods, you will be able to create a BMP file on Windows 11 easily.