In our smartphones, we are all aware that mobile data plays a very important role. The internet keeps us connected while traveling, and it’s essential for many tasks we perform on our devices every day. However, it can be extremely frustrating when mobile data is not working. This is a common issue, so you’re not alone. Here are some tips to help you fix the mobile data not working issue.
Fix Mobile Data Not Working on the Android
Here are some steps that have the potential to resolve the mobile data not working on the Android issue:
Restart Your Device
It is simple and effective to restart your device when you experience many software-related problems, including problems with mobile data. Performing a restart will close all open apps, delete any temporary data, and restart your Operating System, relieving temporary software glitches.
To restart your device, you must hold the power button down until “Power off” appears. Then, tap “Restart.” Meanwhile, if your device does not have a restart option, you can also try turning it on and off again.
You can turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button again after a few seconds. You may lose unsaved data after restarting your device, such as partially written text messages or unsaved documents.
However, restarting your device is not good if you have sensitive data. So, make sure to first save your unfinished work. This will surely help you resolve the mobile data not working issue.
Check For Software Updates
In addition to checking for software updates, you should also check for mobile data not working problems on your device. Outdated software can cause a variety of problems, including bugs that can adversely affect your device’s functionality.
Your device can perform better when you update your software to the latest version. If an Android device has a software update available, you can check for it by going to:
- Open Settings and hit the System.
- Then tap on Software update.
If there is an update available, you can download and install it. You will need to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network in order to download and install software updates, as they can consume significant amounts of data.
For your device’s best performance and security, keeping your software up-to-date is important. Security patches, bug fixes, and new features are usually included in software updates. It is also possible to improve battery life, speed, and connectivity problems by updating your software.
Check Your Mobile Data Settings
In order to resolve mobile data not working issues on an Android device, you must check your mobile data settings. There may be a misconfiguration in your device’s settings that is causing the problem. You will need to check your mobile data settings to make sure everything is set up correctly.
Your Android phone’s mobile data settings can be checked by going to “Settings,” then “Network & internet,” and finally “Mobile network.” This section allows you to check and adjust the following settings:
- Ensure that “Mobile data” is turned on. It must be turned on if it is off.
- Make sure you are using the correct data plan. You can find out more about your data plan by contacting your carrier.
- To help you avoid overage charges, you can set a data limit in this section to show you how much data you’ve used.
- You can connect to the internet over the mobile network using Access Point Names (APNs). Verify that your carrier’s APN is selected. To find out what your carrier’s APN is, contact them.
Make sure that your mobile data settings are set up correctly by checking them regularly. It is possible to have issues with mobile data due to incorrect settings, including slow speeds, disconnections, and inability to connect to the internet.
Reset Your Network Settings
You can reset your network settings to resolve a variety of connectivity issues, including mobile data problems. This solution may be helpful if other solutions have not been successful, such as restarting your device or checking for software updates.
Upon resetting your network settings, all saved Wi-Fi networks, Bluetooth connections, and mobile data settings will be erased and returned to their default states.
If your device’s network settings are misconfigured or corrupt, this can help resolve the issue. So, if you want your Android phone’s network settings reset:
- Go to Settings > System.
- Then, hit the Reset options.
- Tap Reset network settings, following the on-screen instructions to do so.
In addition, once you’ve reset your settings, you’ll need to re-enter the login information for each Wi-Fi network and Bluetooth connection.
Also, you may lose other saved information if you reset your network settings, such as saved Wi-Fi passwords, so make sure you back up any important information before you do so.
Contact Your Carrier
You should contact your mobile carrier if you’ve tried all of the other solutions but are still experiencing problems with your data. Whenever you experience problems with your mobile data, your carrier can help you resolve the mobile data not working issue.
Visit your carrier’s website or call their customer service number to inquire about their services. You should be able to provide the following information when you contact your carrier:
- You must provide your carrier with your account information.
- You will need to tell your carrier what type of device you are using and what version of Operating System you are running.
- Whenever you have a problem with your mobile data, be as specific as possible in telling us your problem, when it started, and what you have tried so far.
- Any recent changes you’ve made to your device or account, let your carrier know if this causes the problem.
To conclude, there are several ways you can fix mobile data issues on an Android device. There are many reasons why mobile data issues can occur, including outdated software, misconfigured settings, and network issues.
Using the steps outlined earlier in this article, you can troubleshoot and resolve most issues with Android mobile data. So, that’s how to fix the mobile data not working on Android. Thank you for reading this guide. We hope you found it useful. Moreover, in case you need more info, comment below and let us know.
- Pair Android Phone to Windows PC at aka.ms your-pc (2023)
- How To Use Mobile Data and WiFi Network Simultaneously
- How To Change Your Reddit Username On PC/Mobile
- How Much is 15GB of Hotspot? Is 15GB Data Enough?
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Update for Galaxy Note 3
- How to Download Amazon Flex App for Android 2023