By default, Windows screen on time is very low, and it might be sometimes frustrating when you are studying using your smartphone or laptop, or PC. This happens when Windows consider that we are inactive and not using the system. If you’re plugged in or on battery, Windows 11 automatically times out after five minutes.
However, although these power-saving features are useful, waking up the screen whenever you are reading on your smartphone or PC screen is annoying. So, is there any way to make your screen stay on longer?
Well, that’s all this guide is about. Here you will learn how to make your screen stay on longer. Therefore, without further ado, let’s jump into the guide.
- 1 How to Change Screen Timeout Using Different Methods on Windows PC?
- 2 Change Screen Timeout Using Different Methods on Android Device
- 3 How to Change Screen Timeout Using Different Methods on iPhone?
How to Change Screen Timeout Using Different Methods on Windows PC?
Thankfully, our team has gathered some information about how to make your screen stay on longer, which will surely help you increase the screen timeout. So, if you are looking for such kinds of methods, make sure to read this guide and apply the steps we have mentioned further in this guide. Therefore, let’s get started:
Method 1: Use Windows Settings
Changing the screen timeout isn’t a big deal because there’s a dedicated option on Windows Settings to do so. Therefore, follow these instructions and adjust your Windows screen timeout with ease. Thus, let’s check out the needy steps to adjust screen timeout on Windows PC:
- Open Windows Settings.
- Tap on the System tab and select Power & Battery.
- Now, locate and expand the Screen and Sleep section.
- Finally, you can stop the screen from turning off by setting the options mentioned in the below picture to Never.
That’s it. Now, you have disabled the screen timeout feature on your Windows PC. Therefore, now you can enjoy your content without any annoying screen-off time.
Method 2: Use Control Panel’s Power Options
There is also a way to prevent your screen from timing out in the Control Panel. There is no change between this and the method we have mentioned above, but it may be easier to use for those who are accustomed to it. So, in case you want to try a different method that can give you the same functionality, then you can use this method using the steps mentioned below:
- Open Control Panel using the Windows Search menu.
- Afterward, inside Control Panel, search for Power Options. Then, click on it.
- Now, locate and hit the Choose when to turn off the display option.
- That’s it. Now, you must change the screen timeout setting as per your wish and hit the Save Changes button. We suggest you set it to Never.
Method 3: Use Advanced Power Plan Settings
There’s another option inside the Windows system control panel using which you can change the screen time of your screen, i.e., Advance Power Plan. So, if you want to know how to make your screen stay on longer using Advanced Power Plan, make sure to use these steps:
- Initially, open Control Panel using the Windows Search bar.
- Then, search for Power Options and click on it.
- Now, locate and hit the Change plan settings option. This option will locate right next to your active power plan.
- Afterward, click on the Change advanced power settings link.
- Now, simply expand the Display tab followed by Turning off the display after.
- Then, adjust the value to change the screen timeout settings. We advise you to set it to 0 as it will disable the screen timeout on your Windows PC.
Method 4: Use Command Prompt
Did you know before that you can even use the command prompt on your device to change the power plan settings? Well, yes we can easily change or disable the screen timeout settings using the CMD. So, if you want to know how to make your screen stay on longer using a command prompt, use these steps:
- Initially, open Command Prompt by giving it admin rights.
- Afterward, execute this command to change the timeout settings on the battery (replace X with value):
powercfg -change -monitor-timeout-dc x
- If you want to disable the timeout setting, execute this command when plugged in (replace the X with 0)
powercfg - change -monitor-timeout-ac x
Change Screen Timeout Using Different Methods on Android Device
So, as we have already described all the needy methods using which you can change your screen timeout on Windows PC. Therefore, it’s time for Android smartphone users to know how to make their screen stay on longer on Android devices. So, let’s get started with the steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Afterward, tap on Display.
- Now, scroll down and select the Lock Screen.
- Then, locate and tap on the Sleep.
- That’s it. Now, set the screen timeout period as per your choice. We suggest to you set it to Never.
How to Keep Android Screen On While Charging?
While the device is charging, you can keep your screen awake using the screen saver setting. However, although many users already know about this feature. But, there is a number of users who still have no idea about this feature on Android devices. So, don’t worry! Here are the needy steps to keep the Android screen on while charging:
- Open the Settings app.
- Now, go to the Display tab.
- Thereafter, tap on the Screen Saver option.
- Finally, select an option such as Photos or Colors.
- That’s it. Now, whenever you connect your phone to charging, it will start showing that picture or color that you have set up.
How to Change Screen Timeout Using Different Methods on iPhone?
You can check the screen timeout on your iPhone with ease. But, let me remind you that by doing this, your iPhone’s battery may drain out quickly. However, if even after that, you want to know how to make your screen stay on longer on your iPhone, use these steps:
- Open iPhone’s Settings app.
- Afterward, tap on the Display & Brightness.
- Now, locate and hit the Auto-Lock.
- That’s it. Now, set it as per your need. However, we recommend you set it to Never.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s how to make your screen stay on longer on Windows, Android, and iOS devices. Thank you for reading this article. We hope you found it useful. Furthermore, comment below and let us know if you have any doubts. Also, don’t forget to check out our other latest guide by visiting iTechHacks.