Sending an individual text to someone can be a hassle, especially when you want to send the same message to everyone. Many people still prefer text messaging to communicate an important message to their loved ones. If you’re going to share something important to many people, then having a group text will be an easy way to do so. Group texts are similar to group conversations on social media apps, and you can create group texts with all of your friends together.
If you are looking forward to creating a group text on Android and adding other members, you have probably made your way to the right article.
How To Add Someone to a Group Text on Android
This guide will help you create and add someone to a group text on Android.
Create And Add Participants To Group Text On Android
This article discusses how to create and add participants to group text. We have further divided this part of the article into two steps: creating group text and adding members to it.
Create Group Text On Android
To create group text in Android, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, open the Message app on your Android phone.
- Now tap on send message icon here.
- You will be asked to enter the recipient’s number or name (if the number is saved) to send them the message.
- Enter the first recipient and then, in the same way, add more recipients in the given space.
- In the message space, type the message you want to send and tap on the Send button to send the message.
- This will form a group text conversation.
Add/Remove Someone To A Group Text On Android
If you already have a group text on Android and you want to add another member to it, then you can do so by following the steps given below-
- Tap on the drop-down arrow next to the Group Text Name.
- Here, click on Add/ remove participants.
- To add the participant, search for the number or enter the person’s name.
- Select the contact you want to add. Click on Done, and the person will be added to the group text.
In case you want to remove the person from the group text on your Android device, then follow the steps given below-
- Tap on the drop-down arrow, available right next to the name of the Group Text.
- Next, tap on Add/remove participants.
- Tap – on the member you want to remove.
- By doing so, you will be able to remove the person from the group text on Group Text.
Use Social Media Apps
Group text messages are just a basic means of communication; however, if you not only want to send normal text messages. If group calls and sending multimedia files are what you want to do, then going for social media apps like Instagram, Facebook, or WhatsApp will be a good choice. You can create groups on these platforms to chat with people, send files to them, etc.
This is how you can add someone to group text on Android. If you want to add someone to a group text on Android, you will be able to do so by following the steps given in this article above.