Lyca Mobile is one of the top telecom network providers in the country. However, even this provider is not immune to certain problems that keep on happening. These days, for a lot of people, Lyca Mobile number not working is a regular problem. If you are also going through the same issue, keep reading to fix it.
Why Lyca Mobile Number Not Working?
Sometimes, it is possible that the Lyca Mobile number may not work. However, some of the most prominent reasons behind it are as follows:
- Weak Signal: If you live in a place where there’s no or weak signal of Lyca Mobile towers, the Lyca Mobile number may not work. In that case, you can try changing your location or switching to manual mode to check for connectivity options.
- Number Not Activated: If you have recently purchased your SIM card, it is possible that your number isn’t activated completely. In that case, it is best to wait for at least 3 hours and then if it does not work, you can contact customer service.
These are some of the most common reasons for Lyca Mobile not working.
How to Fix Lyca SIM Not Working in 2024
If Lyca Mobile Number is not working, there are certain things you can do to make it work again. However, it is recommended that you keep trying till the end of this guide.
1. Take Out Your SIM and Re-Insert It
The first thing you need to do when Lyca Mobile number not working is to take out your SIM card out of the SIM tray and put it back in. However, it should not be done in the way just said. Instead, you have to turn off your phone, take out the SIM card, clean it using a moist cloth and then put it back inside.
When you follow this carefully, you should be able to see the Lyca Mobile number working again. However, if not, follow up with the next fix.
2. Change Network Selection Mode
In general, your smartphone will always have automatic network selection and for good. Suppose you change your network and then go away from that place. In that case, you will get disconnected from the network and again Lyca Mobile number not working issue will arise.
However, if you are already in the automatic mode, but the problem is present, it is wise to switch to manual mode and switch your operator. If you don’t know how to do it, follow these steps. Keep in mind that if the same options are not visible on your phone, you can simply search for them in the Settings Search box.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Mobile Network.
- Now, select your Lyca Mobile SIM.
- Next, tap on Carrier or Network Selection, both can appear depending on your device.
- Toggle Auto Select, and you will see a range of operators available at your location.
- Select any of them with a strong signal.
However, think of this as a temporary measure because when you change your location or go somewhere else, this network will become unusable. In that case, follow these same steps and enable Auto Select again. If this is not helping, follow up with the next fix.
3. Check Your Balance
Sometimes, it is not unusual to see that you don’t have an active plan. In that case, your Lyca Mobile number may not work at all. Back in the days, telecom operators used to offer free incoming calls. These days, if you don’t have an active plan, you will also not receive calls. Therefore, it is always important to check whether you have an active plan or not. Here are the different methods to do so:
- The first method way to check your Lyca mobile balance or plan is by dialing *131# and calling it. It will show your plan validity, expiry, and the available balance to call others.
- The next method is to open the Message app and send BAL to 131, and within 2 minutes, you will receive all your account details in an SMS.
- The Lyca Mobile app is available in App Store and Play Store. You can download the app, sign into your account, and check your balance.
5. Check Signal Strength
If you live on the ground floor or lower floors of a high-rise building, your signal strength will be considerably weaker. In that case, the Lyca Mobile number might not work. Even if it does, you will face lots of disturbance and static noises throughout your call. Here are the steps to check your signal strength:
- On your phone, open Settings.
- Now, scroll down below and tap on About Phone.
- Again, window, scroll down below and tap on Status.
- Now, tap on SIM Card Status.
- If your is a CDMA device, you will see Network Status instead.
- Check the dBm and asu mentioned.
If dBm is above -100, you will face a lot of signal issues. However, if it is below -70, you will enjoy great signal strength. Stay on this page and change your position to check where you are able to get the best signal. You can also go up on your roof and check the signal. Asu is for the internet so you can ignore that.
5. Reset Network Settings
If nothing so far has helped you fix Lyca Mobile number not working, then you might have done something you don’t remember. And that something is causing problems with your network. Don’t worry. A simple way to fix all these issue is to reset your network settings. Here are the steps to do so:
- On your phone, open Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Additional Settings.
- Next, tap on Backup and Reset.
- Now click on Reset Network Settings.
- Depending on your device, it will ask for a Passcode.
- Enter it and click on Reset.
Your device will restart, and your error should be fixed.
- How To Create New Email Account In Gmail by Mobile Number
- How to Fix ‘The Number You Have Dialed Has Calling Restrictions’
- How to Access Compass Mobile Dollar Tree Portal Access
- 6 Ways to Find Whom This Phone Number Registered To
- How to Change Phone Number on Amazon
- Top 8 Ways to Fix Lyca Mobile Not Registered on Network Error
- How to Fix Lyca Mobile Outgoing Calls Not Working 2024