Instagram is a social media platform by Meta where one can share photos, videos, and reels. Just like other social media platforms, you can chat with other people and even form conversation groups with them, but the primary focus of it is sharing your photos and videos with your followers.
Like many other features, Instagram has an auto-swipe feature, which will automatically swipe the posts or reels after watching them. While this can be helpful for some users who want to view all of the photos in a post, it can also be annoying for others who want to control their scrolling experience.
If you are also annoyed by this auto-swipe feature and want to turn it off, this article will help you. In this article, we will guide you on how you can turn off auto swipe on Instagram.
Ways to Turn Off the Auto Swipe on Instagram
The auto-swipe feature is designed to make it easier for users to scroll through their feeds and see new posts. It benefits users seeking a rapid overview of their friends’ and followers’ latest posts, but it can be an irksome feature for those desiring control over their feed content.
Fortunately, there are some workarounds to turn off the auto swipe feature on Instagram, which we have listed below-
1. Turn Off Auto Swipe on Instagram By Enabling Data Saver Mode
The Instagram mobile app has a Data Saver Mode feature that lets users control how much data they consume while using the platform. This option reduces the amount of data utilized by minimizing the content loaded in the background. Since the content is not loaded, the app does not automatically swipe through posts. You can follow the steps given below to turn on the data saver mode on Instagram-
- Open the Instagram App on your phone or your tablet. Ensure you are signed into your Instagram account.
- Click on the Profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the Menu icon at the top right corner of the profile page.
- Open Settings and Privacy from the menu.
- Scroll down to the Your App and Media section, and tap the Data Usage and Media Quality option.
- Here, turn on the toggle next to Data Saver.
2. Turn Off Auto Swipe on Instagram By Using The Desktop Version Of Instagram
One of the most convenient ways to refrain from the auto-swipe feature on Instagram is to use the Instagram website on the browser. Instagram does not have the auto-scroll feature for the web version, so you can use the Instagram website on your PC or phone to prevent auto-swiping when scrolling through the posts/reel feed.
Why Should You Turn Off the Auto Swipe Feature on Instagram?
There are a few reasons why you might want to turn off the auto-swipe feature on Instagram. Some of the most crucial reasons are listed below:
- Missing Important Posts: The auto-swipe feature can cause you to miss important posts from your friends, family, or accounts you follow for business purposes. This is because the feature automatically scrolls through your feed, even if you’re not paying attention.
- Spending Too Much Time on Instagram: The auto-swipe feature can make it easy to scroll through your feed, leading to excessive screen time. This can be detrimental to your productivity and overall well-being.
- Swiping All the Posts in A Carousel: Carousel posts are a type of post that contains multiple photos or videos. The auto-swipe feature will automatically scroll through all the photos or videos in a carousel, even if you don’t want to see them all.
- Controlling Your Own Scrolling Experience: Some people prefer to control their own scrolling experience rather than having it controlled by the auto-swipe feature. This is especially true if you want to take your time and look at each post carefully.
If you’re looking to turn off auto swipe on Instagram, there are a few methods that you can try. One option is to use Data Saver Mode. When this mode is activated, images and videos on your feed will not load unless you choose to view them. This effectively stops the auto-swipe feature. Another option is to use Instagram’s desktop version, which does not have the auto-swipe feature; you can scroll through your feed at your own pace. You can follow the above guide to turn off an auto swipe on Instagram.
- Top 6 Ways to Extract Phone Number From Instagram Account
- Top 7 Ways to Fix Instagram Blurry Profile Picture
- Is Instagram Sending Notifications for Screenshots Story Highlights?
- How to Delete All Messages on Instagram in One Click
- Fix Instagram Reels Views Not Showing on Android & iPhone
- 8 Ways to Fix Instagram Feed Not Refreshing Issues