Goose Goose Duck is a clone of Among Us that has gained huge popularity over the past month. This game was originally launched back in April 2021 but has only recently gained popularity despite being similar to InnerSloth’s breakout hit.
The game involves players guessing what the impostor is, which in this case is a duck dressed up as a goose. In recent days, many users have found that whenever they try to play cooperative mode, the Goose Goose Duck displays a rate exceeded error.
So, there is a possibility that it may be due to a network issue, device issue, or server-side problem. Well, no matter what is the cause behind this, you can use the methods given below in order to resolve the Goose Goose Duck rate exceeded error.
Fix: Goose Goose Duck Rate Exceeded Error
Here are a few troubleshooting fixes that will surely help users who try to play the cooperative mode in Goose Goose Duck and end up getting the rate exceeded error:
Turn off the Antivirus Program
If you use an antivirus program, disable it or delete it completely. However, it is recommended that you disable Windows Defender if you are using it. For this;
- Launch the start search screen.
- Type “Windows security settings” into the search box.
- On the next screen, click “Virus and Threat Protection.”
- From the menu, select “Ransomware Protection.”
- You will be prompted to turn off “Controlled Folder Access” on the next screen.
Next, let’s disable real-time protection.
- Initially, search for “virus and threat protection” in the start search box.
- Click on “Manage settings“.
- Make sure Real-time protection is turned off.
In order to add the Goose Goose Duck game files as an exception, we need to perform this operation.
- Then, type “virus and threat protection” into the start search box.
- Then click Exclusions Exclude, and then click Add or Remove under Manage settings for virus and threat protection.
- Once you have selected Add an Exclusion, you need to select the Goose Goose Duck game folder you have saved on your computer.
Ensure to Update your Device
Goose Duck will no longer work with previous versions of Windows after the new updates are released. It used to be available for Windows 7 before the recent update, but now it’s not available. It is recommended that you upgrade your operating system if you are playing this game on an older version and fix the rate exceeded error.
Update Goose Goose Duck
You might experience a rate exceeded error if you use an outdated version of Goose Goose Duck. If this happens, you can only escape by updating your game. Ensure that the appropriate platform has been updated, whether playing on a PC or another device.
Run SFC Scan
It is possible to generate many different error codes when there are damaged or corrupted files that occur in Windows programs. Here are a few steps to apply this:
- Open the start search screen and type “cmd” in the search box.
- Enter “sfc /scannow” into the command prompt that opens.
This process will result in the scanning and correction of corrupted or damaged files. Wait until the process is completed before shutting down or restarting your computer.
Close unnecessary and resource-hungry software
It is common for active applications to cause your system to malfunction when they are utilizing system resources. Make sure that you shut down any software that may conflict and show rate exceeded error with Goose Goose Duck before you launch it.
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard.
- Ensure that the Task Manager isn’t consuming your system resources or containing any unneeded programs.
- Once selected, click on the End task at the bottom for each program.
- Start Goose Goose Duck and see if anything changes.
Update Graphics Card Driver
There is a possibility of encountering rate exceeded error just because you have an older version of GPU driver. This will require an update to the graphics card. So, check out the needy steps:
For Nvidia Graphics Card:
- To begin with, we need to download and install the Geforce Experience program from Nvidia.
- Once the download and installation have been completed, open our program and select the Drivers menu.
- Afterward, download the update by clicking the Download button that appears.
- Then, let’s click the quick installation button to complete the download and installation process.
- Upon completion of this process, restart your computer.
For AMD Graphics Card:
- We need to download and install AMD Radeon Software, a software program produced by AMD.
- To check our video card’s status after the download and installation process, click Check for Updates on the right side of the menu.
- After performing the update, restart your computer.
For Intel Graphics Card:
Since Intel processors do not have graphics cards, users can use the graphics card in the processor. It may be necessary to update the Intel graphics card in order to accomplish this.
- The first step is to download the Intel Driver software.
- Once the download is complete, open the program. You will be redirected to the page once you click the “Launch” button after the installation process is complete.
- Afterward, the Intel Driver & Support Assistant will scan your computer. You will need to update some drivers after the scan is completed. To install the drivers, download the latest version.
It is possible to play Goose Goose Duck after updating the graphics driver and restarting our computer.
Verify game file Integrity
It is possible that Goose Goose Duck rate exceeded error occurs if the game files are damaged for any reason. Firstly, you can check the integrity of the game files and then attempt to repair them if this is the case.
- Launch Steam and click LIBRARY.
- Then, right-click the game and select Properties.
- Thereafter, click Verify integrity of game files… under LOCAL FILES.
- When Steam has finished verifying game files, relaunch the game and update.
Reinstall the game
It is possible to fix the exceeded rate error by reinstalling the game. You may find that the game files you have already installed are corrupted for this reason. It is appropriate to reinstall it in this case. Then reinstall the game as you did before, uninstalling it first.
Aside from that, you can connect to the Internet, check the game’s server status, and change in-game settings. However, if you find that the problem persists, you should contact official support and wait for their response.
- Top 8 Ways to Fix PS5 CE-108255-1 Error
- Top 6 Ways to Fix Starlink No Signal Received Error
- How to Fix COD Modern Warfare Server Disconnected Error
- Fix iTunes Cannot Connect To iPhone Unknown Error 0xE80000A
- How to Fix Plex ‘Your Changes Could Not be Saved’ Error
- Top 11 Ways to Fix Vudu Playback Error on All Devices