VIZIO is a popular name in the market that designs and sells televisions. Over the years, it has been providing great quality products to users.
But technology has its pros & cons, and it’s also not an exception. Many users complain about their “VIZIO TV remote not working,” which might be a serious concern as they can’t operate the TV.
You’re at the right place if you also face the same issue. Here, I’ll share some efficient ways in a simple words to help you learn to fix it easily.
Fix Vizio TV Remote Not Working Error
The Vizio TV remote not working issue is the most common one that many users face. Sometimes it is because of the batteries, and sometimes, there are other reasons.
Whatever the problem is, your main task is to identify the main culprit and fix that. To help you with that, I have shared some methods below to fix it quickly and easily.
But before moving on, you should know that you can use any third-party mobile app to control your TV if your remote isn’t working properly.
Power Cycle Your Vizio Remote
The first thing you should do if your Vizio tv remote isn’t working is to power cycle it. Sometimes unknowingly, any configurations happen in the remote, which prevents it from working properly, and power cycling it might solve the issue.
If you are unsure about the process, follow these steps:
- First, you need to remove the batteries from your remote.
- Then, press and hold the power button on the top of your Vizio tv remote.
- Now, release the button about 5 seconds later.
- After that, press each button once to check if any button is stuck.
- Then, plug in the batteries again.
Now check if the remote is working; if not, don’t worry; keep following the other solutions mentioned below.
Power Cycle Your Vizio TV
It’s also possible that your tv doesn’t respond to the inputs from your remote, and you’re unable to change channels, volume, or configure other settings.
Power cycling your tv may help you eliminate the situation by automatically fixing all the temporary errors.
To do that, follow these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is to unplug your TV from the power supply.
- Hold the power button on your TV for 30 seconds, or keep it unplugged without doing anything for a few moments.
- You need to wait before you plug it back into the power supply.
After this process, your Vizio TV remote should start working again properly if it doesn’t follow the other methods below.
Remove Obstacles From The Front Of Your Vizio TV
Another important thing you should notice is that there’s nothing in front of your TV as the sensors are located at the bottom or corner of your TV. And if anything blocks it, remote signals will not work.
So, if there’s anything in front of your TV blocking the signals, remove that and check if your remote work.
Use New Batteries
If you have been using the same batteries on your remote for a long time, changing them to a new pair will be better.
So, purchase that, and while inserting them, ensure the positive and negative ends meets correctly.
If discharged batteries were causing the problem, then that could be solved. If your Vizio TV remote still doesn’t work, there are a few more things that you can follow.
Check Your Vizio Remote’s IR Sensors
You may know that your TV and remote use an infrared red beam to exchange signals. If it’s not working properly, your Vizion remote won’t work.
So, you need to check that by following these steps:
- First, open the camera on your phone.
- Then hold your remote in front of the camera to see the front side of the remote.
- Now, press any button on your remote.
- If your remote is in working condition, you’ll see a red light on your camera. If not, you should change the battery, repair it from a service center, or purchase a new one.
Check For Electronics Interference
If you use many other electronic devices, then it’s also possible that those signals interfere with your remote as they emit radiation to work.
So, you need to identify the device you think is the reason and turn that off or move that to any other location.
If it was the reason behind your “Vizio tv remote not working,” that’ll surely be solved.
So, these were some of the most efficient ways to fix the Vizio TV remote not working problem. Hopefully, one of the above solutions helped you eliminate the issue. If you still need to know anything, feel free to drop it in the comments below.
- Vizio Sound Bar Manual and Tips – Old and New
- How to Watch Peacock on Vizio TV | Add peacocktv.com Vizio Premium
- How to Fix Vizio TV Won’t Turn On in 2023
- How To Fix Vizio Sound Bar Keeps Turning Off
- How To Add and Watch HBO Max on Vizio Smart TV
- Ways to Activate Disneyplus.com Login/Begin URL 8-digit Code