It is quite frustrating when the LG TV is frozen. Many users have come up with freezing issues on their LG TVs. Users have reported that their LG TV was stuck on the logo (or the boot screen) and didn’t move any further. When this happens, your TV won’t start, and you will be stuck at the LG logo.
There is no sure reason behind facing this issue with LG TV. This can happen due to temporary bugs/glitches, updated firmware, or misconfigured settings. But there is nothing to worry about if you encounter such issues with your LG TV.
Fix LG TV Is Frozen or Stuck on Logo Screen
In this guide, we’ll explore some of the potential causes of a frozen LG TV, and provide you with some troubleshooting tips and solutions to help you get your TV back up and running.
Power Cycle Your TV
Generally, this issue is encountered when there is some glitch or bug. You can power cycle your TV, which should fix the issue. To power cycle, your TV, follow the steps given below-
- First, unplug your TV from the power source and wait a minute.
- Press and hold the power button on the TV while it is still unplugged. This will drain any power from the TV.
- Now, connect the TV to the power source and turn it on. This should fix the issue you have been facing.
Check Your Firmware Updates
You might also face this issue if there are any pending firmware updates. You can update the firmware to the latest version to fix the issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, head to the Software & Drivers page on the LG website by clicking on this link. Visit the website on the browser on your PC.
- Search for your model of LG TV and then download the latest firmware update available here.
- Now, connect a USB drive to your PC.
- Open File Explorer on your PC by pressing Windows + E key combo and head to the location where the update file is downloaded.
- Now, copy the firmware update and paste it onto the USB drive. Extract the contents of the file to your USB drive.
- Now, Shut Down the LG TV, plug the USB flash drive into the USB port on the TV, and then power it on.
- LG TV will automatically detect the USB drive, and your TV will start updating.
- Once the update is completed, you will get a confirmation prompt on your TV screen.
- After completing, a sign will appear on the screen, telling you to remove the flash drive.
Factory Reset LG TV
You can try factory resetting your TV if you still face the issue. This will revert your TV to the factory settings and should most probably fix the issue. To factory reset your LG TV, follow the steps given below-
- Remove all the cables from your TV, but do not remove the power cord.
- Now, press and hold the Reset button for at least 15 seconds.
- While holding the Reset button, disconnect the power cord.
- Wait for a few seconds, and then plug the power cord into the TV and turn on your TV while still holding the Reset button.
- As soon as you see the startup screen, release the Reset button. This will factory reset your LG TV.
Contact LG Support
If you are still facing the issue, we recommend contacting LG support. This issue can be caused due to hardware-related reasons, and if there’s some fault within the TV, then LG customer care will help you solve the issue. You can contact the nearby LG Service Center and diagnose your TV.
The technician at the service center will fix the issue for you. However, you may be charged for that, depending on the damage and whether your TV is under warranty.
LG is one of the most popular brands which manufactures TV, and no one expects to face freezing issues on TV from such a well-reputed brand. If your LG TV is frozen and you cannot use it, this article should help you fix it. You can follow the steps given above, and the issue will be fixed.
Why Is My LG TV frozen?
The reason for this could be the old firmware of your TV. Another possibility is that the HDMI connection of the TV is loose or damaged. Apart from this, the issue could be due to a faulty motherboard or damaged system hardware.
How Do I Unfreeze My LG TV?
If your LG TV keeps freezing, you can try power cycling it. We have discussed all the ways to fix freezing issues on LG TV in this article, so you can follow them to fix the issue you have been facing.
- Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on Samsung or LG TV
- Fix LG TV Black Screen | LG TV Has Sound But No Picture
- How to Get or Install HBO Max on LG Smart TV
- How To Fix LG Smart TV WiFi Keeps Turning Off Automatically
- How To Fix LG TV Content or App Store Not Working
- How to Activate Netflix on All Devices at Netflix.com tv8
- How to Fix Apple TV Remote Not Working