Although Apple devices are renowned for their connectivity, many people pair an iPhone with a Windows PC or a Mac with an Android device. Connecting an iPhone to a Windows PC is done via the iTunes application. According to users, Windows 11 does not recognise the iPhone connection. This issue is most frequently caused by faulty connections, out-of-date drivers, or an out-of-date iTunes version. There is nothing to be concerned about if Windows 11 does not recognise your iPhone.
Fix Windows 11 Not Recognizing iPhone
This guide discusses troubleshooting steps to fix Windows 11 not recognizing iPhone.
Ensure Proper Connection
The first thing you should ensure is the proper connection of the device. Ensure your iPhone is connected to your Windows PC normally, and no end of the cable is loose. Ensure the cable you are using is not damaged and the ports are not faulty. If the iPhone is connected to Windows PC properly, and you are still facing the issue, you should move to the next troubleshooting step in the article.
If your Windows PC cannot recognize your iPhone, you should try disconnecting all the unnecessary accessories. Accessories and other peripherals connected to your PC may interrupt your iPhone and Windows PC connection. Disconnect all the unnecessary accessories from your PC, and you should no longer face the issue.
Ensure You Have Given Necessary Permissions To Your iPhone
Next, you must ensure that you have unlocked your iPhone and given the necessary permissions. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Ensure you have unlocked your iPhone, and connect it to your Windows 11 PC.
- When you connect your iPhone to your Windows 11 PC, you will be asked whether you trust this computer or not.
- On your iPhone, tap on Trust, and you will be asked to enter your passcode to trust the computer.
If the phone is locked, you will miss this notification, and your iPhone may not be recognized by Windows 11 PC.
Restart Your Devices
Another troubleshooting step to fix Windows 11 not recognizing iPhone is restarting your PC. Temporary bugs and glitches may be another reason behind facing this issue. To fix the issue, you can try restarting your iPhone and your Windows 11 PC. First, restart your devices, and then try connecting them again. You should now no longer face the issue, and your PC should recognize iPhone. However, if you still face the issue, move to the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Update The Drivers
You may also face the issue because of the outdated drivers of your iPhone. You should try updating your iPhone driver and then try connecting your iPhone to your Windows PC again. To update iPhone drivers, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start Menu. Search for Device Manager and hit Enter to open it in the Start Menu.
- Expand the Portable Devices list by double-clicking on it in the Device Manager.
- Now, right-click on your iPhone, and then click on Update Driver.
- Next, click on Search automatically for drivers to automatically update the drivers from the internet.
The very next step to follow is updating iTunes. You may face the issue because of the outdated iTunes application and can be solved by updating the app. To update iTunes, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key. In the Start Menu, search for Microsoft Store and then click on the relevant search result to open the Microsoft Store.
- Click on the Library option at the bottom left corner of the Microsoft Store app window.
- Next, click on the Get updates button. This will scan your PC for all the updates.
- Now update the iTunes app. After updating the app, try connecting iPhone to Windows PC, and the issue should be fixed by now.
This is how to resolve the issue of your Windows PC not recognising your iPhone. If you are unable to connect your iPhone to your Windows PC, you can use the troubleshooting steps in this article to assist you in resolving the issue.