Why can’t I post on Instagram? If you have been thinking of the same question, you are not alone. Recently, many users have reported that they cannot upload content on Instagram. Whenever they try to upload a photo, video, reel, or story, it doesn’t get uploaded, and they end up getting an error message stating ‘Not Posted Yet. Try Again’. This can be frustrating when you have to upload something on your Instagram, but you cannot.
This error is generally encountered due to technical glitches or temporary bugs. Though it is not a serious issue and may get fixed on its own, it is frustrating to keep getting this error.
Fix Instagram ‘Not Posted Yet. Try Again’ Error
In this article, we will be discussing various troubleshooting steps to help fix ‘Not Posted Yet. Try Again’ error on Instagram.
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Before continuing with the troubleshooting steps to fix this issue, you should try the following basic fixes. The very first thing that you should try doing is restarting your phone. Most probably, the issue is encountered due to temporary glitches on your phone. Such glitches can easily be solved by restarting your phone.
If that doesn’t fix the issue, then you should check your internet connection. If your internet is down or if it is unstable, then also you may face this issue. You should try turning on airplane mode and then turning it off. Try connecting to a different network if that doesn’t help fix the issue.
Turn Off Data Saver On Instagram
If you face this error on Instagram, you should try turning off the data saver. When the data saver is on, Instagram will utilize less data, and you will not be able to post on the platform. To turn off the data saver, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to your Profile and tap on the Menu icon at the top right corner.
- From the menu, open Settings.
- Now in Settings, tap on Account.
- Here search for Cellular Data Use and open it.
- Here turn on the toggle for Data Saver.
Clear Cache Of Instagram App
If you have been facing this issue, you should try clearing the app’s cache. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Tap and hold the Instagram app on the app drawer.
- Now, tap on the App info icon.
- In the App info screen, tap on the Storage option.
- Now, tap on Clear Cache to clear the cache of the app.
Re-Login To Your Account
You should try logging out of your device and then re-login again. This should probably fix the temporary glitch not allowing you to post on Instagram. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Tap on the Profile picture at the bottom right corner of the Instagram app.
- Here, tap on the three dots at the top right corner and then on Settings.
- Now, tap on Log Out.
- Close the Instagram app and then restart it.
- Now, re-login to your account and then check if the issue is still faced or not.
Close Background Apps
If you are still facing the issue, you should try closing all the background apps. You should close all the background apps, including Instagram. Once done, launch Instagram and then check if you can post on Instagram or not.
Many times, you may face the issue when the app is outdated. You should update the Instagram app to the latest version to fix the issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Application store on your phone, i.e., Play Store (for Android) or App Store (for iOS).
- Here, search for the Instagram app and tap on it.
- From here, update the app.
- Once done, launch the Instagram app and check if you can post on Instagram or not.
Reduce File Size
In most cases, such an issue is not encountered due to the large file size. However, you should try reducing the file size if you keep facing this issue. Generally, photos and videos of high quality take longer to upload and sometimes do not get posted.
You should try reducing the file size. The maximum resolution of the photo is 1936 x 1936 pixels, so you should keep your photos less than that or equal. Similarly, Instagram supports H.264 format with MP4 codec, and the maximum resolution supported is 1080pixels. You should reduce the size of the video to the equivalent and then try uploading it again.
Reinstall Instagram App
If you still encounter the issue and cannot post on Instagram, then you should try reinstalling the Instagram app. Reinstalling the Instagram app should most probably fix any issue you encounter on the app. To reinstall the Instagram app, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, uninstall the Instagram app from your phone.
- Now, head to PlayStore (on Android) or App Store (on iOS).
- Here, search for Instagram and tap on it.
- From here, install the Instagram app.
- Once done, launch the app and log in to your account.
- Now, try posting on Instagram, and you will no longer face the issue.
If you cannot post on Instagram even after you repeatedly try posting the photo/video, then this article will help you with it. In this article, we have discussed some troubleshooting steps to fix this issue. However, even after trying all the above steps, if you are still unable to post on Instagram, you should wait for some time. If none of the above steps help, wait for some time and repost the content. You can either contact Instagram Help Center and get the issue fixed.