Hulu is a streaming service for the US. Hulu is available for various platforms like macOS, Android, Windows, and iOS. Many users have come up with Hulu Error 94 while trying to watch some content on Hulu. Though Hulu has a great library to keep you entertained throughout the weekend, facing such an error can be irritating.
Fortunately, there are certain things that you can try to fix Hulu Error 94. If you clicked on this article hoping to find a fix to this error, you wouldn’t be disappointed. Here we will list various troubleshooting steps to help fix Hulu Error 94 on your devices.
Reasons Behind Facing Hulu Error 94
There can be many reasons behind facing Hulu Error 94. If you are getting Error 94 while streaming content, it will be due to-
- You are likely to face this issue due to slow internet. If your internet is unstable, you won’t be able to continue streaming and get Hulu Error 94.
- The outdated Hulu app is another reason behind facing this issue.
- Also, you may encounter this issue if there are pending system firmware updates.
- Hulu may also block your VPN and cause this issue. This especially happens with free VPN service and is less likely to happen with a paid VPN.
- Corrupted cache data may also cause Hulu Error 94.
Fix Hulu Error 94 While Streaming on TV, Mobile, Xbox, PS5
Now that you know what’s causing the issue, you can get ahead with the troubleshooting steps to fix it. Follow the methods given below to fix Hulu Error 94:
Restart The Hulu App
The very first thing that you should do is restart the Hulu app. Bugs can be the reason behind facing this error, so before you continue with any step mentioned in this article, restart the Hulu app. Close the Hulu app and start it again. Once done, try streaming again and see if you are still facing the issue.
If you are using a browser to stream content on Hulu, then restart the browser which you are using. That should work out for you, and you should no longer face the issue. However, if you still encounter this issue, move to the next troubleshooting step mentioned in this article.
Restart Your Device
If restarting the Hulu app didn’t work out for you, restart the device you are using to stream Hulu. Power off your device and then turn it back on. Once done, try streaming Hulu again and see if you still face the same issue. If the issue is still encountered, move to the next step.
Check Your Internet
You can encounter Error 94 on your Hulu Account due to slow or unstable internet. You must have stable content to stream content on Hulu. You can use Fast.com or SpeedTest to check the speed of your internet.
If you are internet is slow, then troubleshoot it. Bring your router close to your device or connect it through the Ethernet cable. If you have a dual-band router and your device supports 5GHz, switch to 5GHz for a stable connection. Restart your router if you are still facing the issue.
In the case of mobile devices, turn off your data and turn it on again. If that doesn’t help, switch to another network to stream Hulu. If that doesn’t troubleshoot your internet connection, contact your ISP regarding the unstable internet.
If your internet is working fine, but you are still facing this issue, then probably this wasn’t your internet causing this issue. Move to the next troubleshooting mentioned in this article.
Update Your Hulu App
The outdated app may also cause this issue. If you face Hulu Error Code 94, then updating the app should work. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Application store on your device, i.e., Microsoft Store, App Store, or Play Store.
- Here, search for the Hulu app and select the relevant search result.
- If any update is available for the app, you will find it here.
- Tap/Click on the Update button to update the app.
Note-If you are using the browser to stream Hulu, then you update the browser the same way.
Update System Firmware
System incompatibility with the app may also cause this issue. If your app is updated to the latest version and you run on an older system firmware, that may cause app incompatibility. Update your system firmware to fix the issue by following the steps given below-
To update the Windows PC, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
- Here, on the left sidebar, click on Windows Update.
- Now, on the right side, click on Check for Updates.
- If any updates are available, download and install them.
- Try streaming Hulu now and see if you still face the issue.
To update Android devices, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Here, tap on the Software Update option.
- Next, tap on Download and install to search for the update; install any available update.
- Once done, stream Hulu, and you should no longer face the issue.
Note- The steps mentioned above are for Samsung phones and tablets. The steps to update firmware on Android devices can be different for phones and tablets from different brands.
To update your iOS device, follow the steps given below-
- Tap on the Settings app icon on your iOS device to open it.
- Here, tap on General and then on Software Update.
- You may see multiple updates here; tap on the update you want to install.
- Tap on Install Now (or Download and Install) to install the update.
- Once done, check if you can Stream Hulu without any issues.
You may also face this issue due to a corrupted cache. You can clear the cache of the Hulu app to fix the issue. To do so, follow the steps given below-
To clear the cache on Android, follow the steps given below-
- Tap and hold the Hulu app icon and then on App Info (i) icon.
- Here, tap on the Storage option.
- Now, tap on Clear Cache to clear the cache.
- If clearing the cache doesn’t work, then tap on Clear Data to clear the data. If you do so, all your data will be deleted, and you will have to log in to the app again.
You do not have the option to clear the cache on Windows, but you can repair the app or reset it. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press Windows + I key combo, and you will be headed to the Settings app.
- Here, on the left sidebar, click on Apps and Installed Apps.
- From the list of apps, search for Hulu. Click on the three dots next to it and click on Advanced Options.
- Here, scroll down to the Reset section. You will see two options here-
- Repair– This will repair the app without making any changes to your app’s data.
- Reset– This will reset the app, and your data will be deleted.
- Choose any of the above options to get ahead with it.
There’s no option to clear the app’s cache on iOS devices. You will have to reinstall the app if you want to clear the cache.
Note- If you are using the browser to stream content on Hulu, then clear the browser’s cache. You can switch your browser to stream Hulu.
Ensure you are not using any VPN (especially a free one) while streaming Hulu. If you are using any VPN, then Hulu might block it, and you may face issues like Error Code 94. Disable the VPN and then try streaming Hulu. This should most probably fix the issue.
Reinstall Hulu App
Lastly, we recommend you reinstall the Hulu app. If none of the above steps fixes the issue, you can reinstall the app and see if that fixes the issue or not. To do so, follow the steps given below-
On Phone and Tablet (Android and iPhone)
To reinstall the Hulu app on your phone or tablet, follow the steps given below-
- Hold the Hulu app icon and tap on the Remove/Delete button.
- Confirm deleting the app from your device.
- Now, head to Play Store (on Android) or App Store (on iOS) and search for Hulu.
- Tap on the relevant search result, and tap on the Install button to install the app.
- Open the app and sign into your account.
- Try streaming the content again; you should no longer face this issue.
On Windows PC
To reinstall the Hulu app on your Windows PC, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and search for the Hulu app.
- Select Hulu from the search result and then click on Uninstall.
- Confirm uninstalling the app by clicking on Uninstall.
- Now, head to Microsoft Store and search for Hulu.
- Click on the Install button to install the app.
- Now, open the Hulu app on your PC and sign into your account.
- You should now no longer face the issue.
These were some ways to help fix Hulu Error 94. Facing such issues can be annoying, and if you keep getting this issue while streaming on Hulu, this article will help you fix it. Follow the steps given in this article above to fix the issue. If this article helped you do let us know in the comment below.
- How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Roku 2023
- Fix Hulu ‘You can rewind and fast forward after the break’ Error on Paid Plan
- How to Fix Hulu Error Code 2(-998) in 8 Easy Ways
- Fix Hulu Error Code P-TS207
- How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Chromecast
- Activate ESPN.com/activate on Roku, Xfinity, Fire Stick, Apple TV, Hulu