DirectX handles major processes regarding the media on your PC. The main work of the DirectX is to enhance the ability of the audio and video hardware on your PC. With DirectX installed on your Windows 11 PC, you will get better video quality, gaming experience, and audio quality. DirectX is default installed on your PC, automatically updating it to offer uninterrupted performance and decrease the chances of facing errors.
How To Fix Windows 11 DirectX Errors
If you face DirectX errors, this article will have some possible fixes to help troubleshoot DirectX errors on Windows 11.
Most probably, you may face this issue due to outdated DirectX software. Though DirectX gets automatically updated, if it doesn’t, then you may encounter DirectX errors. Given below are the steps to update the DirectX to the latest version-
- Click on this link to head to the DirectX download page on your browser.
- From here, download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web on your PC.
- Now, run the setup you downloaded to update the DirectX to the latest version.
- Once done, restart your PC, and you should no longer face DirectX errors on Windows 11.
Update Windows 11
Another common reason to face DirectX errors can be pending Windows Update. You should try updating the Windows to the latest version and then check if you still face the issue or not. To update Windows 11, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC. Press Windows + I key combo to do so.
- Click on Windows Update on the left sidebar of the Settings app.
- Now on the right side, click on Check for Updates button.
- Download and install all the updates your PC finds and restart your PC.
Update The Drivers On Your PC
You should try updating the driver on your PC and then check if you still face the issue or not. You can update the drivers from the Optional Update section in the Windows Update Section. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
- Head to the Windows Update section from the left sidebar of the Settings.
- On the right side, click on the Advanced Options and Optional Updates.
- Next, click on Driver Updates and download and install all the available updates.
Run SFC Scan
You can try running an SFC scan to help fix any issues on your PC (including DirectX errors) caused due to corrupted system files. To run an SFC scan, follow the steps given below-
- Open Start Menu, and search for CMD. Right-click on it from the search result and then select Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to execute the command.
- SFC scan will run now. Wait for the process to complete, and then restart your PC.
Perform A Clean Boot
If you face DirectX errors on Windows 11, you can try performing a clean boot. Given below are the steps to perform a clean boot-
- Click on the Start icon on the Taskbar.
- Now on the Start Menu, search for System Configuration and open it.
- Head to the Services tab in the System Configuration window.
- Here, check the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox and then click on Disable All.
- Now, head to the Startup tab in the System Configuration app window, and click on Open Task Manager.
- Now, click on the app with high impact, and click on Disable to disable it.
- Restart your PC, and you will no longer face the issue.
Perform System Restore
If none of this fixes the issue for you, then the last option will be to perform a system restore. To continue with this step, you must have a restore point created when your PC was working fine and you were not facing issues. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, open the Run Dialog Box on your PC by pressing the Windows + R key combo.
- In the Run Dialog Box, type rstrui and hit Enter to open it. This will open the System Restore wizard.
- Click on Choose a different restore point and then click on Next to continue.
- Now on the next window, select your restore point. After you have selected the restore point, click on Next.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then click on Finish.
- Once done, you should no longer face the DirectX errors on Windows 11.
In the article above, we have discussed some troubleshooting steps to fix DirectX errors in Windows 11. If you encounter any issue with DirectX, then you can follow the steps in this article, and you will be able to troubleshoot the error without any problem.