The Discovery Plus service has existed for a while. However, some users have been experiencing problems lately. These problems are not too serious. They are, however, things that need to be fixed. Here is what you should do if Discovery Plus Crashing on Roku and Fire TV Stick.
Discovery Plus Streaming Service Crashing and Not Working
Discovery Plus is not working or crashing due to a technical glitch or a minor internet connectivity issue.
Here are some of the ways to fix discovery plus crashing on Roku and Fire TV Stick.
Restart your Devices
Streaming media devices should be rebooted before any customizations are made. In order to launch Discovery Plus, the devices must respond correctly to the requests.
To check if the problem is resolved, you can also restart your Wi-Fi router.
Remove App Cache
Data from Discover+ is stored in the cache memory associated with them. This data can sometimes interfere with what you are doing.
Therefore, deleting junk files from your system is a good idea. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the device settings. Navigate to the App section.
- Choose Discovery Plus. On the following screen, choose Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Now, run the app and see if it works normally.
Sign in to Discovery Plus
Discovery Plus has a number of plans that are subscription-based. Whenever you attempt to watch a paid video when your plan has expired, it will either give you an error or stop working altogether.
So, check the status of your subscription plan by signing into your Discovery Plus account.
Apps such as Discovery+ are typically updated automatically. Due to some system glitches, however, users are unable to use this feature.
Therefore, they must update their apps manually. By doing so, they are able to take advantage of the upgraded services.
- Select “Streaming Channels” from the Roku menu.
- Click the “Check for Updates” option.
- Relaunch Discovery+ after the upgrade is complete.
On Fire TV Stick:
- Tap Discovery Plus on Fire TV’s dashboard.
- Click on the Update button.
Reduce Router Distance
Discovery+ should be used with streaming devices near the router if users wish to use it properly. There shouldn’t be a problem if the devices are within 5 to 8 meters of the router.
However, the streaming device will be unable to receive proper signals if the distance is over the recommended limit.
This is all about Discovery Plus Crashing on Roku and Fire TV Stick. You can use these fixes to solve the issue.
- Discovery Plus On DirecTV, Availability, How To Watch
- How To Get and Setup Discovery Plus on Roku
- How to Get & Install Beachbody on Demand on Roku
- Install and Activate PlayStation Vue on Roku
- How to Reset and Change Discovery Plus Password
- Cancel Discovery Plus on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android, PC