Destiny is a multiplayer (or solo) action game with role-playing elements. The game features three classes of superpowered guardians, each of whom can level up and upgrade their gear by completing different tasks. Throughout the years, Destiny has experienced many ups and downs. While Destiny 2’s original content was very dry, Forsaken has changed the game and fixed many issues.
However, we would still like to point out some flaws. Yes, many users recently started complaining that Destiny 2 is stuck on the initializing screen. This single error bothered many users because they couldn’t play their favorite game. Well, that’s the reason why we are here.
After considering all this, our team gathered some fixes that can easily resolve the Destiny 2 stuck on initializing screen error. Therefore, make sure to check out the fixes we have mentioned below to get rid of this situation. So, let’s get started.
- 1 Is There Any Fix to Destiny 2 Stuck on Initializing Error?
- 1.1 Fix 1: Reboot Your Device
- 1.2 Fix 2: Check Your Internet Connection
- 1.3 Fix 3: Check The Servers
- 1.4 Fix 4: Verify Game Files Integrity
- 1.5 Fix 5: Close All Battle.net Processes
- 1.6 Fix 6: Set High Priority
- 1.7 Fix 7: Disable Windows Firewall/ Antivirus
- 1.8 Fix 8: Run The Game Using Admin Rights
- 1.9 Fix 9: Remove Blizzard Configurations
- 1.10 Fix 10: Check If Your Game Is Updated
- 1.11 Fix 11: Update GPU Driver
- 1.12 Fix 12: Reinstall The Game
- 1.13 From Author’s Desk
Is There Any Fix to Destiny 2 Stuck on Initializing Error?
Although the reason why Destiny 2 stuck on initializing screen is yet to be known, but we have found some potential fixes that will help you resolve this problem. Therefore, let’s check out those fixes:
Fix 1: Reboot Your Device
Sometimes, our system stops working properly due to random bugs and glitches. However, this time it is possible as well, and also, that’s the reason why you are getting this type of random error while playing any game or using any heavy applications.
Therefore, we advise you to close the game and reboot your device. By rebooting your device, all the random bugs get flushed from your device RAM, which gives the system a fresh new start to function correctly. So, try this and check if it helps.
Fix 2: Check Your Internet Connection
It is possible that Destiny 2 is still stuck on the initializing screen, then chances are that the reason behind the problem is something else.
So, as a crucial step, you must check if your device is connected to a stable internet connection because a poor internet connection often becomes the main culprit behind this type of error.
Therefore, to check whether your internet connection is working or not, you must go to the Speedtest.net website and run a speed test. Meanwhile, if you find that the speed is not good as you think, then talk to your internet service provider about the connection problem.
However, once the internet again starts working, the Destiny 2 stuck on initializing error automatically gets resolved.
Fix 3: Check The Servers
Chances are high that the Destiny 2 servers may be down due to some issues. Therefore, you must check whether the game servers are working properly. So to check if the Destiny 2 servers are working condition, you must hover over to the DownDetector/Destiny 2
Meanwhile, if you find that there are users from a different region of the world reporting this, then most probably the servers are down due to some reason. Therefore, in that case, except for waiting, you have no other options.
However, in case you want more accurate info, then we advise you to follow the developers on Twitter/Bungie. This is because Bungie always informs the users about upcoming events and the current bugs and issues with their game.
Fix 4: Verify Game Files Integrity
Are you still getting the Destiny 2 stuck on initializing error? If so, there are possibilities that some of your game files may be missing or corrupted, resulting in this error.
So, although many users know that, but still if you are someone who doesn’t know that, you can repair the game files without reinstalling the whole game. There’s an option on the Steam client using which you can easily repair the Destiny 2 game files. So, let’s see how.
- Initially, open the Steam and go to the Library.
- Afterward, locate and right-click on Destiny 2.
- Thereafter, select the Properties option.
- Now, head towards the Local Files section and hit the Verify Game Files Integrity.
That’s it. Now, just wait until the verifying process gets finished. This will take some time, depending upon the size of the files. Once done, launch Destiny 2 and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 5: Close All Battle.net Processes
If the above method doesn’t work for you, then we advise you to close all the Battle.net processes on task manager and run the game again to check if it helps.
Meanwhile, there are reports where many users claim that this helped them to fix the Destiny 2 stuck on initializing error. So, you must also try this using the steps mentioned below:
- To begin, right-click on the Start menu and select the Task Manager.
- Afterward, go to the Processes tab and select the battle.net processes one by one, and hit the End Task button.
Once you do this, make sure to run the game and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Fix 6: Set High Priority
Setting high priority in the task manager for Destiny 2 also helps many users to resolve the Destiny 2 stuck on initializing error. However, giving high priority to your game will give your device a direction to just focus on the game while you are playing it.
So, this may become the best option for you to resolve the initializing error. Therefore, to do this, use the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, open the Task Manager.
- Then, tap on the Details tab.
- Afterward, locate the Destiny 2 app and right-click on it.
- Now, select the Set Priority option and set it to High.
So, once you perform the above steps, simply rerun the game and check if the Destiny 2 stuck on initializing error gets resolved or not.
Fix 7: Disable Windows Firewall/ Antivirus
In most cases, we have seen that the Windows Firewall or third-party antivirus starts blocking our games and various application that consumes heavy resources. This generally happens because our antivirus considers the game and applications as a threat to our system as they consume a lot of resources.
So, to make sure whether this is the reason behind the issue or not, you must try disabling the Windows Firewall or whichever antivirus you are using. To disable Windows Firewall,
- Open the Windows Settings.
- Tap on the Privacy & Security followed by Windows Security.
- Then, hit the Virus & Threat Protection.
- Now, click on Manage Settings.
- Finally, toggle the button next to Real-Time Protection.
Fix 8: Run The Game Using Admin Rights
Most of the time, the games and applications started showing this type of issue due to the lack of permission to use your system resources. However, possibilities are there that Destiny 2 may not get the required resources to function properly.
Thus, we advise you to run the game using admin rights as it is the right option to fix the initializing error. However, to do so,
- Go to the desktop and right-click on the Destiny.exe file.
- Afterward, select the Properties option.
- Thereafter, go to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, select the Run This Program As Administrator and hit the Apply > Ok.
That’s it. Once done, whenever you run the game, it will launch using the admin rights. So, now you must check whether or not the Destiny 2 stuck on initializing error gets resolved or not.
Fix 9: Remove Blizzard Configurations
It is common for every game to have temporary configurations stored on the computer. However, game settings and parameters are held in these temporary variables. Therefore, it is possible to have issues like the one discussed here if these configurations are missing or corrupt.
If you have been experiencing similar problems for quite some time, it may be because your locally saved configuration files are corrupt. So, to resolve this, removing these configurations will be the right option, and to do so,
- Open the Run box, copy/paste %appdata%, and then hit the enter button. This will open the directory containing your installed app data.
- Now, move a step backward and locate the Local, LocalLow, and Roaming.
- Then, one by one, open each folder and delete the Blizzard files.
Once done, run the Destiny 2 and check if the stuck on initializing error gets resolved or not.
Fix 10: Check If Your Game Is Updated
Did you check if you have the latest version of Destiny 2 installed on your PC? Well, there are heavy chances that the game might have some pending updates due to which you are getting this type of error. Therefore, we advise you to check for updates using the Steam client with the help of these steps:
- Open Steam and go to the Library.
- Locate the game and right-click on it.
- Then, select the Update button and select the correct option as per your choice.
That’s it. Now, just wait for a sometimes until Destiny 2 gets updated to the latest version. Once done, run the Destiny 2 and check if the stuck on initializing error gets resolved or not.
Fix 11: Update GPU Driver
An outdated GPU driver also sometimes comes up as the main culprit behind this kind of error. Although the drivers get updated automatically when you update your Windows, but sometimes you may need to update them manually. So, to do so,
- Open the Device Manager (right-click on Start and select Device Manager).
- Afterward, double-click on the Display Adapter tab.
- Now, right-click on the GPU manufacturer name and select the Update Driver option.
- Finally, select the Search Automatically For Drivers. Then, follow on-screen instructions to update your GPU driver.
Fix 12: Reinstall The Game
We regret if none of our recommended fixes work for you. But, there’s still one method left using which the Destiny 2 stuck on initializing error will surely get resolved. Yes, you must reinstall the game as there is no other option left for you to resolve this error.
Many reports are there where users claim that after reinstalling the game, they successfully resolve the initializing error. So, you must also try this and check if it helps.
From Author’s Desk
So, that’s how you fix the Destiny 2 stuck on initializing error. We hope that the fixes mentioned earlier in this guide to resolve this issue have helped you. In addition, if you have any doubts or queries, comment below and let us know. Also, don’t forget to check out our other guide by visiting iTechHacks.