Have you used the trending AI Chatbot, which answers your queries quickly? We hope you might know about ChatGPT. If you have heard the name, you probably used it. Right? Users from all over the world are using ChatGPT for different purposes. There is even news that many countries and businesses have banned ChatGPT, whereas many startups are gifting the ChatGPT Plus subscription to users. This is only because they have seen a rise in productivity.
We hope as you are using the ChatGPT, you might have asked many questions to the Chatbot. There might be conversations that you don’t want to see anymore. Do you know that you can delete ChatGPT History on the account that you are using? There are a lot of users who don’t know that they can delete their ChatGPT History and Account. As the ChatGPT was trending, the users created their accounts to use the ChatGPT. But, the users who don’t like to use it are looking for ways to delete ChatGPT History and Account. Let’s get started with this guide to learn how to do it.
Can I Delete My Account or History on ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is trending a lot on the internet. It is only because of the feature to answer the question of the users. The developers have made the AI Chatbot to help users do many things more accessible. After the release of ChatGPT, the users were using ChatGPT more for the answers when compared to Google. However, many things need to be fixed with the ChatGPT, which will take a lot of time.
Thousands of users have created their accounts on ChatGPT but are now looking for the steps to delete them. The reason behind deleting their ChatGPT account is privacy and data concerns. Many users are not using it regularly, so they want to delete the account to avoid any issues with ChatGPT in the future. They think about whether they will be able to delete it or not. The answer is Yes. The users can delete the ChatGPT account by following some simple steps. We will list the steps below, so keep reading until the end to learn about them.
How To Delete ChatGPT History on PC or Mobile
A billion users are visiting the ChatGPT website to find the answer to their query in a few minutes. However, there are a lot of users who have asked a lot of questions, and they see a lot of past conversations. They can now not manage the conversation in an organized way, so they face issues using ChatGPT. Many users who have created the account don’t know that they can delete their specific conversation and all conversations to keep their chat box clean. If you are a user who doesn’t know about it, follow the steps below to delete ChatGPT History.
The users who only want to delete specific conversations on their ChatGPT will need to follow the steps listed below. Many users are there who have some specific conversations which they don’t require anymore with the account. They can delete it very easily. Let’s check how.
- First of all, open the ChatGPT Website and log in to it.
- Now, click on the conversation that you want to delete.
- When the conversation is opened, you will see an option on the left side of the screen.
- You will see the delete icon. Tap on it.
- Once you have clicked on it, that particular conversation will be deleted from the account. That’s it.
- You can follow the same step for deleting other particular conversations. If you want to delete all the conversations simultaneously, follow the steps below.
The users who want to delete all the conversations from their ChatGPT account must follow the steps listed below.
- First of all, open the ChatGPT Website and log in to it.
- Now, on the left side of the screen, you will see the option of Clear Conversation.
- Click on the option, and another option will be visible: Confirm clear conversations.
- Tap on it if you want to clear all the conversations.
- After tapping, all the conversations will be deleted.
Read the heading below if you want to delete the ChatGPT Account.
How To Delete ChatGPT Account 2023
The users who are using the ChatGPT Account from their OpenAI account will be able to delete the ChatGPT Account. Also, they will be deleting the OpenAI account through which the ChatGPT account that has been created will be automatically deleted. So if you have any services of OpenAI, then make sure to check them. There are two ways available to delete the ChatGPT Account. The users who have created their account for using ChatGPT and not using it are looking for steps to delete it. We have listed the different ways below; check them out.
- First of all, you have to visit the platform.openai.com. After that, you must log in to the page to access the support section.
- Once logged in, you will see the Help Section on the page’s header. Open it.
- Now, a window will be opened, so click on the Help option there.
- You will see an option to Send us a message; select it.
- After that, another window will be opened, and you will get the Account deletion option. Tap on it, and send the message.
- Now, choose the option of Delete My Account.
- You have to send a confirmation message: Yes, delete my account.
- After it, the account will be deleted completely. That’s it.
If you don’t want to follow such steps to delete your account through the website, then follow the steps listed below to delete your account through email.
- Open the email for which you want to delete the account.
- In the sender field, type firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the subject related to Regarding Account Deletion.
- In the content, you can enter anything related to the subject.
- After it, you must send the mail, and OpenAI will automatically delete it within four weeks.
More than one billion users are using ChatGPT for different purposes. To use the service, the users have to create an account. The users have created their accounts, but now they are not using them and looking for ways to delete them. Along with the account, some users have also asked how to clear the history on the ChatGPT. We have listed how to clear your history and delete the account on ChatGPT.
- Fix ChatGPT Network Error On Long Responses
- How to Use ChatGPT on Your Apple Watch
- How to Fix ChatGPT History Not Showing Issues
- How to Cancel ChatGPT Subscription Quickly
- Fix ChatGPT ‘An Error Occurred if this Issue persists please contact us’ Error
- How to Fix ChatGPT Is at Capacity Right Now Error
- Fix Can’t Change App Store Country/Region on iPhone and iPad