Windows Movie Maker used to be free software that was bundled with the earlier version of Windows. The app can be used for editing videos as well as converting photos into slideshows. However, the Windows Movie Maker was discontinued in January 2017 and was converted to Video Editor in Windows 10. Windows Movie Maker was a part of the Windows Essentials software suite, which allowed one to create and edit videos and publish them on various platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and various others. As the Windows Movie Maker is now discontinued, it is not available in Windows 10 and Windows 11, but many may want to download it on their PC.
Windows Live Movie Maker For Windows 10/11 Free
Windows Movie Maker was a good software to edit videos, but it is now not available in Windows. If you want to download Windows Movie Maker on your PC, this article will help you. In this article, we will be discussing how you can download Windows Movie Maker on your PC and install it even after it is discontinued.
System Requirements For Windows Movie Maker
There are certain system requirements that your system must meet to run Windows Movie Maker. If you are installing Windows Movie Maker on your PC, ensure your system meets the following requirement-
- Your system must run on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 11.
- Your PC must have at least 1GB of RAM to run Windows Movie Maker.
- There should be at least 2GB of free disk space on your PC.
- Your PC should be powered by Intel Pentium 4 processor or higher.
Downloading Windows Movie Maker Offline 64/32 Bit
You can download the Windows Movie Maker with the help of the following link. We have mentioned two links below for the Windows Movie Maker 2011 and 2012 versions. You can download the Windows Movie Maker by using the link given below-
- Windows Movie Maker 2011 – Windows Movie Maker Windows 10, Windows 7
- Windows Movie Maker 2012 – Windows Movie Maker Windows 10, Windows 7
As discussed, Windows Live Essentials 2012, which included Windows Movie Maker, was discontinued in 2017. However, by clicking on the above link, you can download the final versions of the offline installers of Windows Movie Maker 2011 and Windows Movie Maker 2012.
You can download the application for Windows XP or a later version. Moreover, the version is supported by both 32-bit architecture and 64-bit architecture systems.
Key Features Of Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is a handy tool to edit videos on Windows. Given below are some of the features of Windows Movie Maker-
- It has an easy-to-use interface. You have all the features under the visual ribbon, which makes it easy to use by everyone.
- It comes with an AutoMovie feature, making it easier to make a movie efficiently.
- There are seven AutoMovie theme options: default, cinematic, contemporary, zoom, pan, fade, sepia, and black and white.
- There is a stabilization choice to speed up and add slow motion to your videos.
- The software has video fixes features like Instagram-like-Filter effects and various others.
- It also has basic video editing features like cutting video, trimming, splitting, adding audio, adding pictures, and others.
Is Windows Movie Maker Discontinued?
Yes, Windows Movie Maker was discontinued on 10 January 2017 in Windows 10, and Windows PC now no longer comes with Windows Movie Maker. However, if you have an older PC with Windows 7 or Windows 8, then you will find Windows Movie Maker on that PC.
What Replaced Windows Movie Maker?
Video Editor replaced Windows Movie Maker in Windows 10. Now in Windows 10 as well as Windows 11, you will get to see Video Editor.
How Can I Get Windows Movie Maker Back in Windows 11?
You can download the Windows Movie Maker installer on your PC, and you will get the Windows Movie Maker back. You can download the Windows Movie Maker by following the steps in the article above.
- WhatsApp Offline Installer for PC
- Microsoft Office 2019 Free Download Full Version
- How To Download OBS Studio for Windows Offline
The Bottom Line
This is how you can download Windows Movie Maker on your PC and use it. Ensure your PC meets the system requirements before you install the Windows Movie Maker on your PC.