Do you own a television set that you’d like to use as a monitor for your Windows 11 computer? Many people prefer to use their television as a monitor when watching media such as movies, videos, and web shows. There are two methods for using a television as a monitor on a Windows 11 computer. You can connect your PC to your TV via HDMI or, if both your TV and PC support Miracast, you can connect them wirelessly and use the TV as a monitor. This article will discuss how to use your television as a monitor for your Windows 11 PC.
Using TV As A Monitor For Your Windows 11 PC Using HDMI Cable
You can connect your PC to your TV using the HDMI cable and use it as a monitor. This option works best if you have an old TV or an old PC which does not have the Miracast option. To use TV as a monitor for Windows 11 PC using the HDMI cable, follow the steps given below-
- Connect your PC to your TV using the HDMI cable. Insert one end of the HDMI cable in the HDMI port of your PC, and then insert another end of the HDMI cable on the HDMI port on your TV.
- Use your TV remote to switch to HDMI mode.
- After switching to HDMI mode, you will have to set the presentation mode. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + P key combo to open the Project app window.
- In the Project window, you will see four options- PC screen only, Duplicate, Extend, and Second screen only. If you go for the Duplicate option, then your PC screen will be duplicated to the TV. If you go for Extend, then you will be able to extend your PC screen to the TV. If you go for the Second screen only option, then your PC will be projected to the TV. Do not go for the PC screen only option, as your display will not be projected on TV but your PC instead.
If you go for extend option, then you will have to set how you extend your screen. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app on your Windows 11 PC.
- In the Settings app, ensure you are on the System tab on the left sidebar.
- Now on the right side, click on the Display option.
- Here, you will see your display arranged as 1 and 2. Click on Detect Display to check which is first and second.
- After doing so, arrange the display as per the arrangement of your TV and your PC, and you are good to go.
Using TV As A Monitor For Your Windows 11 PC Using Miracast
You can also use Miracast to connect your PC to your TV. Miracast lets you connect your device to a wireless display without requiring any cable. If both of your devices support Miracast, then you can simply use it to connect your PC to your TV and use your TV as a monitor. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- On your TV, open the Miracast app.
- Next, on your PC press the Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app.
- Head to the Bluetooth and devices section from the left side.
- Now on the right side, click on Add device button.
- Next, click on the Wireless display or dock option.
- You will see your TV listed here. Select your TV, and you will be done.
Once done, your PC will be connected to your TV and you will be able to use your TV as a monitor.
This is how you can use a TV as a monitor for your Windows 11 PC. Following the above steps, you will be able to connect your PC to your TV and use it as a monitor. We hope this article helps you with what you are looking for.