Many users may way to change the refresh rate on their PC to have a better gaming experience and a smoother motion of the screen. Displays with a higher refresh rate come with the option to change the display refresh rate. For instance, if you have a display with a 120Hz refresh rate or any higher like 240Hz, then you will have the option to change the refresh rate and lower it down. For normal uses, you won’t need a refresh rate of more than 60Hz, whereas when gaming you might have to go up to a higher refresh rate. Changing refresh rate is only possible when your display supports it.
How To Change Display Refresh Rate On Windows 11
If you are display supports changing the refresh rate, then this article will help you with changing the display refresh rate on Windows 11. In this article, we will be discussing how you can change the display refresh rate on Windows 11.
Changing The Display Refresh Rate
You don’t need any third-party app to change the display refresh rate of your PC. You can do it easily from the in-built options in Windows 11. If you want to change the refresh rate on your PC, then all you have to do is follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + I key combo on your PC to open the Settings app. You can either open the Start menu, search for Settings there and open it.
- In the Settings, you will by default be headed to the System section. If you are not already on the System section, then simply click on it from the left sidebar.
- Now on the right side, click on the Display to open the display section in System. In the Display, scroll down to find the Related settings section, where you will find the Advanced display. Click on the Advanced display option.
- Here select Choose a refresh rate and then click on the drop-down menu next to it.
- Now you will see all the refresh rates that you can switch to. You can either select a higher refresh rate or a lower refresh rate.
- You will see a prompt asking you whether you want to keep the changes or revert the settings. Click on Keep changes to keep the changes.
- Select the refresh rate, and you will have successfully changed the refresh rate of your PC.
- How To Forget A Wi-Fi Network In Windows 11
- How to Fix Windows 11 Not Detecting Second Monitor
- How To Fix Windows 11 PC Won’t Shut Down
This is how you can change the refresh rate of your display in Windows 11. Following the above steps, you will be able to change the display refresh rate in Windows 11. We hope this article helps you with changing the display refresh rate in Windows 11.