Ever thought that you have been too hasty to pick up a username of your Twitch account, or you have entered the wrong display name for your Twitch Account? Well, if that is so, then this is not something that you should be worried about.
Change twitch name: Username is the unique name that is assigned to you or your account, using which one can search for you on social media. It is a unique name, which nobody else has. Username is not similar to the display name, as display names can be similar, but username cannot.
No matter, if you have entered a wrong display name or your username on Twitch, you can easily change that, and the process isn’t too difficult. If you don’t know how to change your Twitch name, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will be discussing how to change your Twitch name.
How To Change Your Twitch Name On PC/Laptop
The process of changing the name on PC and mobile is almost similar. Let’s discuss how you can change your Twitch name on your PC.
1. Open the Twitch desktop app on your PC, and log into your account.
2. In the Twitch app, click on the profile option to open the drop-down menu.
3. In the dropdown menu, click on the Settings option.
4. Now select the profile tab under the settings menu.
Under the profile tab, you will find an option to change the username and the display name. Click on the username to change the username of your Twitch account.
Know that Twitch allows you to change your username once in 2 months. If you have recently changed your Twitch name, you will have to wait for 2 months to get finished to change the name.
ALSO READ: How To Fix Twitch Mods Tab Not Loading
How To Change Your Twitch Name on Mobile
You can easily change your Twitch name, using a web browser on your phone. To change your name on Twitch, you need not download the app, you can easily do it from the Twitch website. To change your Twitch name, follow the steps given below-
2. Next, when you are headed to the Twitch website, you will have to switch the website to the Desktop site.
3. When you visit a website on mobile, the mobile version of the website may open. Many times some features are limited to the desktop version of the website and are not available in the mobile version. So to prevent that, you can switch to a desktop site.
4. To switch to the Desktop site, click on the three ellipses on the top of your browser window. This will open a list of options.
5. At the bottom of the list, you will find the option ‘Desktop Site’. Click on the option to check the checkbox, and this will convert the mobile site to the desktop site, and the features of the site that were available only for the desktop site will be available on your phone as well.
6. Once you have converted the mobile site to the desktop site, you can get ahead with the process.
7. Tap on the profile icon on the Twitch site. You will find this option at the top right corner of the screen.
8. Clicking on the Profile icon will open up a dropdown menu. In the dropdown menu, tap on the Settings option.
9. Now in the settings menu, click on the profile tab, which you will find on the upper portions of the settings menu.
10. Next, in the profile settings, you will see the username and display name option. To change your username, click on the username option, and type the username that you want to change to.
ALSO READ: How To Unfollow Someone Profile on Twitch
That’s how you can change the twitch name on your PC as well as on Mobile. Note that the PC option will work for both the iMac and Windows PC. The method for the desktop app and the web-based version of the PC is the same. The mobile phone option will work for both iPhones and Android. Hope that you don’t find the process too difficult. Follow the steps correctly to change the name. If you are facing a problem with changing your Twitch name, do let us know.