Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a Multimillion-selling video game franchise. However, this game is very addictive; that is the reason why millions of users love it. As far as I’m concerned, this is possibly the best game ever made.
Besides being a great stress reliever, it is accessible to people of all ages and languages and can be played by anyone, anywhere. But, to enjoy the new content in the game, you must have to update it regularly.
So, if you don’t know how the Animal Crossing New Horizons update gets installed on your Nintendo Switch, then make sure to perform the steps mentioned below. Therefore, let’s get started with how to update the Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Why do we need to Update Animal Crossing New Horizons?
There are many benefits of updating Animal Crossing New Horizons. However, some of them are mentioned below:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Patches:
In most cases, game updates resolve bugs that have been known for some time or that have been discovered in newer versions. The latest updates for Animal Crossing: New Horizons have already been released on Nintendo’s website, and some of them address problems.
Be sure to install the latest software update and game updates if you have been experiencing a glitch on your Nintendo Switch when playing this game.
New Missions and Features:
From time to time, there may be new features added to games like Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Nintendo has introduced a useful feature for this game so far that allows you to transfer save data between different computers.
Consequently, you can now move user data, game saves, and other Nintendo Switch data between Switches. It has not been updated with any new features yet in 2022, but we can anticipate new features being added shortly due to the game’s vibrant community and huge fan base.
New content or DLCs:
Updates may include new downloadable content or DLCs. Players can expect content in major seasons to enhance their enjoyment or introduce new skins.
What Should You Know Before Updating Your Game?
- You must have data saved before the Animal Crossing New Horizons update because this will still be available after it has been downloaded.
- It will seamlessly download and install the update if the console is connected to the internet.
- It is essential that you use the same version of the software as all of your teammates to play together. If you are playing with someone, please ensure that your software version matches theirs.
How To Update Animal Crossing: New Horizons
You can update Animal Crossing: New Horizons in two ways. So, in case you want to update your Animal Crossing New Horizon with the new patch, then make sure to perform these two methods. Therefore, let’s check out the methods:
Method 1: Manually Update The Animal Crossing: New Horizons
If you do not have a WiFi connection in your home, then there are possible chances that your Nintendo Switch isn’t regularly connected to the internet. However, if that’s the case, using the manual method, you can update your Animal Crossing game on your Nintendo Switch device when connected to any WiFi network. So, let’s check out the steps to update the Animal Crossing New Horizons manually:
- Initially, power on your Switch and connect it to a stable internet connection.
- Navigate to the Nintendo Switch Home screen.
- Choose Animal Crossing: New Horizons from the list of tiles and highlight it.
- Using the right joystick, press the + button once the game is highlighted. By clicking this, you will be able to access the game-specific options.
- Click on Software Update.
- Choose Via the Internet.
- You should download the updated version of Fortnite as soon as possible if your current version is outdated. If it says, You are using the latest version of this software; your game is up-to-date.
Method 2: Automatically Update The Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Suppose you have wanted that your game gets automatically downloaded, then you must have to enable the automatic Animal Crossing New Horizons update because, by default, it is disabled on your Nintendo Switch. So, you can follow these steps in order to enable the automatic update for your Animal Crossing game:
- Firstly, power on your Switch and connect it to a stable internet connection.
- Navigate to the Nintendo Switch Home screen.
- Go to the System Settings menu.
- Choose System.
- Select Automatic Software Updates from the list.
- By pressing A, you can enable or disable Automatic Software Updates.
Is There Any New Update Available on Animal Crossing New Horizons?
So, as we have already mentioned, how Animal Crossing New Horizons update has done; therefore, now the question when the Animal Crossing New Horizons new update comes out? Well, it has been announced that Nintendo will not release more free major updates to the game; however, patch updates have consistently been released, enhancing the gameplay experience for players.
Over the past few months, five updates have been released to fix bugs and improve gameplay performance. Despite these updates, no additional content has been added to the game. It is anticipated that more bug-fixing updates will be made available to players in New Horizons in 2022.
The game does not seem likely to receive any updates in the future. There is still hope that the game will be updated with some content. A 2.0.6 update to the game is also slated for the game’s anniversary, just in time for the title’s second anniversary.
At the moment, there are no official announcements about any content updates for New Horizons, so any rumors are just that. In contrast, bug-fixing updates are occasionally made for the game, enhancing its gameplay experience for newcomers and veterans alike.
Sum Up | Animal Crossing New Horizon Updates
So, that’s how the Animal Crossing New Horizons update is done. We hope that you find this guide helpful. Meanwhile, in case you have any doubts or queries while updating the New Horizons, comment below and let us know.