Instagram is one of the most popular social media which can be used by one to share their images and chat with their friends. You can follow anyone on Instagram, and also ask your friends to follow you back. However, the decrease and increase in follower count on Instagram are inevitable and nothing can stop that, but sometimes, you may want to check who unfollowed you on Instagram. There are two ways to check who unfollowed you on Instagram. The very first way involves checking your follower list, while the other way involves using a third-party app to check who unfollowed you on Instagram. In this article, we will be discussing both the ways to help you see who unfollowed you on Instagram.
Check Your Own Instagram Followers List
The very first way to see who unfollowed you on Instagram is by checking your own follower’s list. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Instagram app on your phone, and then head to your profile by clicking on the Profile icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now, tap on the Followers option here to open the Followers list.
- Next, you will see a list of your followers open up. Here, tap on the search bar, and search for the person who you think might have unfollowed you.
- If the person is still on the list, then it means they have not unfollowed you. If they are not on the list, then probably they have unfollowed you.
Many times, due to some glitch, you may not be able to find the person in your follower list. It is essential to double-check whether they unfollowed you for sure or not. To do so, you can check the following list of another user. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- On the Instagram app, tap on the Search Icon. Here, search for the username of the person in the search bar, and then tap on it.
- Tap on the Following option on the user profile of the person.
- Tap on the search box, and then search for your profile.
- If you see your name in the list, then that means the person has not unfollowed you. If you don’t see your name, then probably the person has unfollowed you.
If you don’t find the user’s account, and they are also not in your follower’s list, then they might have blocked you or their account may have been deleted.
Checking Who Unfollowed You Using Third-Party Apps
You can use third-party apps to check who unfollowed your Instagram. The third-party app that you use will depend on the type of device you have, i.e., Android or iOS.
If you have an iOS device, then you can use the FollowMeter app. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the App Store on your iOS device, and search for FollowMeter. Download and install the app on your device.
- Open the FollowMeter app on your device, and log in with your Instagram account on it.
- Next, tap the Unfollowers option, and you will be able to see who unfollowed you.
However, this app only works for people who unfollowed you after you have installed the FollowMeter app on your device. If you want to see who you are following but not following you, you can tap on the Not following you back option.
If you have an Android device, then you can use the Followers & Unfollowers app. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the PlayStore on your Android phone. From here, search for the Followers & Unfollowers app and install it on your phone.
- Now, launch the Followers & Unfollowers app on your phone.
- Here, you will have to log in with your Instagram account credentials.
- Here, tap on the Unfollowers option, and you will be able to see a list of people who unfollowed you.
This is how you can see who unfollowed you on Instagram. If you want to check who unfollowed your Instagram, then this article will help you with that. Following the above steps, you will be able to check who has unfollowed on Instagram without any issue.