Nintendo Switch Console helps you play your favorite games at home or on the go. You can use the dock with it to connect to your TV and the Joy-Con controllers to play with your friends.
Kids can use the Nintendo console to play games and purchase different stuff from Nintendo eShop. Parental Control features allow the guardians to limit the usage of the kids. When you turn on this feature, you get a PIN; without this, kids can only use the limited feature in the console.
What To Do If You Forget Nintendo Switch Parental Control PIN?
If you set the Parental Control feature on the Nintendo Switch but forget the PIN, it may cause trouble in changing the settings. So, you need to recover the PIN, but you may not know the correct method. In this article, I’ll help you know what to do if you forget Nintendo switch parental control pin.
How to Reset Nintendo Switch Parental Control PIN in 2023
We all forget things, and it’s usual to forget the Nintendo Switch Parental Control PIN. But don’t worry; there are a few ways to change or reset the PIN.
You can easily follow a few steps mentioned below and change or reset the PIN. Although the steps are easy, you may face problems or errors while doing that, so I suggest you follow the process step-by-step.
How to Find a Forgotten Nintendo Parental Control PIN?
Nintendo Parental Control app shows you the current PIN, and it’ll be better to check for it before you move on to the resetting process.
The steps below help you find your current parental control PIN:
- First, open the Parental Control app on your device.
- On the top right corner, you’ll find the Settings option; click that.
- Then click on PIN; you’ll also get an option that says Current PIN click that to view your current PIN.
How to Reset a Forgotten Nintendo Switch Parental Control PIN?
If you couldn’t find the forgotten Nintendo Parental Control PIN using the above method, then you should reset the PIN.
You can use the Forgot PIN or Change PIN option to do that. I have shared both methods with the steps below.
The Changing PIN option is available in the console and the parental control mobile app. But, If the parental control switch app isn’t linked, you can use the following method on the Nintendo Switch console.
- First, go to the System Settings.
- Scroll down till you find Parental Controls and after finding the option, click on that.
- Then click on Change Settings.
- It’ll show you one message regarding the parental controls app; click the cross sign to dismiss it.
- Then click on Change PIN; you’ll find another option that shows change settings; if you want to remove any restrictions, click it.
- Enter your desired PIN two times and then press A on the console.
If the above method doesn’t work, you can use the Forgot PIN option to reset the PIN. But, for this, you need to have the master key.
You can easily do that by following the steps below:
- On the HOME menu, click the Parental Controls icon or head toward the System Settings.
- Then, select Parental Controls.
- Now select Set Parental Controls.
- Click the plus or negative sign on your screen and select Forgot PIN.
- It’ll provide you with an inquiry number that you can provide your Customer Support to receive a master key.
- Now, on your Nintendo Console, press Enter Master Key and type in the key you got from customer support.
- Then, enter an easy-to-remember combination of numbers as your parental control PIN.
- Finally, the PIN is changed, and you can press the Home button to exit the settings.
Using the mobile app, you can also reset the forgotten Nintendo Switch Parental Control PIN. But, for this, you must ensure that the mobile app is linked with the Nintendo Switch.
Linking the mobile app allows you to control the switch for your kids easily, and if it’s already not linked, it’ll be better to link it first.
The process is divided into two parts; first, you must complete a few steps on the console and then on your mobile device.
On the console, follow the below steps:
- First, head toward the System Settings in the app.
- Then click on Parental Control.
- Now click on Change Settings.
- Then select the Set With Smart Device option.
- It may ask for your confirmation; then select Yes.
- Now, select the Next button and enter the registration code.
- Then select Link.
- Finally, select the Continue Setup on the Smart Device option.
The steps on the Nintendo console are over. You need to complete the rest of the steps on your phone. So, follow these steps below:
- Open the in-built Settings of the app.
- Click on PIN.
- Tap on the Change PIN option and enter your desired pin there.
- Then click on Save.
So, this article explains What To Do If You Forget Nintendo Switch Parental Control PIN in 2023? You can easily recover or reset the forgotten Nintendo Switch Parental Control PIN using these methods. I hope you understood every step clearly and got a new PIN. If you still have anything to ask, drop in the comments below.