Nintendo has been establishing itself in the console gaming market for several years now. And, Nintendo has launched a variety of power gaming beasts in the gaming market over the past few decades.
Among them was the Nintendo Switch, which was launched in 2017. However, the device is perfect and capable of running games without an error. However, it still causes frustration for console owners.
Several users reported problems connecting to the Nintendo eShop to download digital games after installing the 12.0.3 update. Users reported an error code 2123-1502.
There is currently no resolution to this issue provided by Nintendo. Most probably, however, the team is working on it.
But, how can this error be resolved? Listed below are some possible fixes for error code 2123-1502.
How to Fix Nintendo Switch Error Code 2123-1502
It means that the Switch cannot maintain a persistent connection with the Nintendo servers when the error code 2123-1502 appears. Consequently, applications and games cannot be downloaded or updated.
The error may have many causes, including issues on the Nintendo side and reasons on the client side.
Some of the most common ones are:
Sleep Mode: The Nintendo Switch could break its connection with its servers if it sleeps while downloading or updating content is in progress. This would result in error 2123-1502.
Corrupt Cache: This error code is also caused by a corrupt cache on Nintendo Switch. This is due to the download packets not being correctly cached.
Improper DNS Configuration: DNS of the network may not be able to translate the web addresses of the Nintendo servers correctly, causing Switch error 2123.
Outdated or Corrupt Firmware: Having outdated or corrupt firmware on the Switch can also cause the error. And it can cause the server and the Switch to become incompatible.
You can try these fixes.
Enable and Disable the Flight Mode
It may be necessary to disable and enable the flight mode of the Nintendo Switch to correct a temporary communication glitch during downloading.
And once the communication modules have been reestablished, the issue will be resolved. Follow these steps:
1. Firstly, open the Nintendo Switch System Settings. Then, select the Flight Mode option.
2. Now, turn on the Flight Mode on the right side of the screen. And, wait a minute.
3. Then, turn off the flight mode. And see if the download has begun without displaying error 2123-1502.
Disable the Sleep Mode
The connection to the Nintendo servers may be lost when the Nintendo Switch is asleep during a download.
So, the error code 2123-1502 on the Switch can be fixed by disabling its sleep mode in such a case. Follow these steps:
1. Go to System Settings on the Switch. Then, navigate to the Sleep Mode tab.
2. And select Auto Sleep from the menu. Then, choose Never.
3. Now, after making the changes, save them. Then retry the download.
Retry the Download
A temporary glitch in the Switch-server handshake protocol could be to blame for the failure of the application or game download with the error 2123-1502.
So, it is possible to fix the problem by retrying the download from the Download Options. Also, if there is not enough space on your Switch, ensure that you have enough to complete the download.
1. The first step is to cancel the download by clicking Cancel. Next, click the Download button to try again. And wait until the download is completed.
2. If the problem persists, click Cancel again to end the problematic download. If you see a download button, click it to initiate the download.
Act quickly while selecting the download option before the error appears.
4. In the background, wait patiently until the download is complete. And, do not touch anything during this time. The top left corner of the screen displays a Download Successful message.
5. You can also try downloading the Switch when it is docked to see if that resolves the issue.
Change the Preferred Language
There may be a glitch in Switch’s user interface that prevents the user from downloading the game.
And, if you change the Switch’s Language and then revert to the preferred Language, the problem may be solved.
Follow these steps to do so:
1. Firstly, open the Nintendo Switch’s System Settings. Then, select the System tab.
2. And click on Language. Then, choose another language. Note that keeping your focus on the screen is essential; otherwise, changing the Language may not be as easy.
3. Now, revert the language setting to your preferred Language once the interface is displayed in the new Language. And verify that the 2123-1502 error has been cleared.
Remove and Re-add the Wi-Fi Connection
The Switch error 2123-1502 may be caused by a temporary glitch in Nintendo’s communication modules. And the problem may be resolved by removing and re-adding the Nintendo Switch’s Wi-Fi connection.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Firstly, go to the Switch’s System Settings. Then, click on the Internet option.
2. And, go to Internet Settings. Then, choose your network.
3. Now, click on the Delete Settings button. And, in the Advanced Setup, you can disable WPA security. And delete the related file.
4. Now, confirm the deletion of the settings. Then re-connect to the Wi-Fi network.
5. And verify that the download has been completed and the Switch error has been resolved.
6. In the event that this fails, see if you can complete the download by connecting the Switch to an Ethernet network.
Also, depending on the Switch, some users might have to perform the Switch’s connectivity test before downloading.
Clear the Cache
If your Nintendo Switch’s cache is corrupt, you may receive this error message. As a result, there is a problem with downloading data packets.
So, clearing the cache on a Nintendo Switch will fix error code 2123 in this scenario. Follow these steps:
1. Firstly, launch the Nintendo Switch’s System Settings. Then, click on the System tab.
2. Now, click on Formatting Options. Then click Clear Cache.
3. Then, choose the user. And, to clear the cache of the Nintendo Switch, follow the prompts on the screen.
4. Then, restart the Switch after completing these steps. And, once it has restarted, verify that the Switch is working properly.
Restart Router & Switch
The error may be caused by a temporary glitch in the router or Switch. It may prevent the application or game from downloading. So, it is recommended to restart the router and Switch.
Follow these steps to do so:
1. Firstly, hold down the power button on the Nintendo Switch until it turns off.
2. And, as soon as you have powered down the Switch, unplug the router’s power cord from the outlet.
3. Then, wait for five minutes. And, plug back in the router’s power cable, then turn it on.
4. Now, power on the Nintendo Switch once the router lights have stabilized. And, afterward, check if it is free of the error 2123-1502.
5. If not, open the Nintendo Switch’s System Settings. Then, turn on Airplane Mode.
6. Now, turn on the Nintendo Switch by pressing the power button. And, select Turn Off from the Power Options menu.
7. Then, take the SD card out of the Switch. And, turn the Switch on by pressing the power button.
8. Now, after the Switch has been properly powered on and the Home Screen has appeared, push and hold the power button for a few seconds until the Power Options appear.
9. Then, click Turn Off. You should then re-insert the SD card into the Switch after it has been powered off.
10. And, turn the Switch on. Now, open its System Settings once it has been powered on.
11. And, turn off Airplane Mode. And, make sure the Nintendo Switch is working properly.
You can repeat steps 5 to 11 if necessary. Then, see if downloading something from the E-Shop fixes the problem.
Update the Firmware
It is possible that the error at hand is caused by the Nintendo Switch’s firmware not being updated to the latest build, thus making it incompatible with Nintendo servers.
Furthermore, if the issue can be caused by a bug in the Switch’s firmware, then the missing patches would be the cause.
So, it is possible that updating the firmware of the Nintendo Switch to the latest build will solve this issue. Follow these steps:
1. Firstly, open the Switch’s System Settings. Then, select the System tab.
2. Now, select System Update in the right pane. And, allow the update to install.
3. Now, restart the Switch after the firmware has been updated. And, make sure it is working properly after restarting.
Change the DNS Settings
Also, this might be the case if the DNS on the network isn’t resolving the Nintendo server’s web addresses correctly.
So, the problem may be resolved by changing the DNS of the Nintendo switch. Here’s how:
1. Open the Settings menu on the Nintendo Switch. And, select the Internet tab.
2. Then, click on Internet Settings. And, click on your network.
3. Now, click on Change Settings. And, select Manual.
4. Now, enter the following Google DNS values.
- Primary DNS: 188.8.131.52
- Secondary DNS: 184.108.40.206
5. Then, click the Save button. And, turn on the Switch again.
6. Now, after restarting, check to see if the error 2123-1502 has been resolved.
Change the MTU Size
MTU (maximum transmission unit) refers to the maximum size of a data packet or frame that can be sent over a network. This error code appears if the Nintendo Switch’s MTU size isn’t compatible with the network.
So, in such a scenario, changing the MTU size of the Nintendo Switch may be the solution. Follow these steps:
1. Open the System Settings on the Nintendo Switch. Then, access the Internet tab.
2. Now, click Internet Settings. And, select the network you’re using.
3. Then, click on Change Settings. And, choose MTU.
4. Now, set the MTU number to 1500. And, save the changes, then restart the Switch.
And, after restarting, check to see if the Switch error 2123-1502 has been resolved.
Reset the Nintendo Switch
If none of the above fixes the issue, the only thing left is corrupt firmware for Nintendo Switch. If this is the case, you may need to reset the Nintendo Switch to factory defaults.
Check to see if Nintendo services are running before moving one. You may back up the Switch’s data and perform a factory reset.
Also, ensure that the SD card has been removed from the Switch once the Switch has been powered off.
Follow these steps:
1. Open Switch’s System Settings. And select the System tab.
2. Then, click on Formatting Options. And type in the PIN.
3. Click on the Initialize Console button. And, be sure to carefully read the information about the things that will be wiped clean. Back up your essential data as well.
4. Then, click on Next. And choose Restore Factory Settings.
5. Once the Switch is reset, wait for it to finish.
6. As soon as the Switch is reset, set it up according to your requirements.
This should clear the error 2123-1502.
Using the methods mentioned above, you can temporarily fix the error. But, as of right now, you may have to wait until the developers provide a permanent solution. So, we recommend bookmarking this page. This page will be updated whenever a developer’s fix is available.