TikTok is a popular social media platform, and just like every other social media platform, you can upload profile pictures on it. Everybody can see this profile picture when visiting your profile so that they can recognize you before following you. You will have to set this profile picture when creating an account. TikTok allows you to change the profile picture even after you have created the account.
Setting the profile picture on other social media platforms is optional, but on TikTok, it’s compulsory. You cannot create an account on TikTok without uploading the profile picture. But not everyone wants to add their profile picture; some prefer creating their account without a profile picture. However, TikTok doesn’t have the option to remove Profile Picture. Fortunately, we have found a workaround to help you remove your profile picture on TikTok; here’s how.
How to Delete or Remove Profile Picture for TikTok
The TikTok policy does not allow removing the profile picture, nor can you create an account on TikTok without the profile picture. If you want to remove your profile picture from TikTok, you can use a blank photo instead of your own. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open TikTok on your smartphone.
- Now tap on the Profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Choose the Edit profile option.
- Tap on the Change photo.
- After this, tap on Take a photo option.
- Now take any blank photo. You do so by covering your phone’s camera and clicking the photo.
- Tap on Confirm to set the black image as the profile picture.
Change Profile Picture for TikTok
TikTok allows changing the profile picture even after you create your account. If you have set the wrong profile picture while creating your account and want to change it, then you can do so by following the steps given below-
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile or tablet and ensure you are signed into your account.
- Head to your profile page by tapping the Profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Now you have to tap on Edit profile. You can change your profile picture, username, and bio.
- As we have to change your profile picture, tap on Change photo.
- You will now see two options: Take a photo and Select From Gallery. If you select Take a photo, you will have to click the profile picture from the camera, while with the other option, you can select a photo saved in your gallery.
- Select the photo or you can click one and tap on Confirm to save the changes.
How To Remove TikTok Profile Display Video?
TikTok also allows users to set a profile display video. If you have set a display video on your TikTok video but want to remove it now, then follow the steps given below-
- On the TikTok app, head to your profile page.
- Here, tap on the Edit Profile option and then on Change Video.
- To remove the video, tap on Remove Video, and the display video will be removed from your profile.
Though TiktTok doesn’t allow you to remove your profile picture, we have a workaround to help you. If you want to remove your profile picture on TikTok, you can follow the steps above.
1. Can I Remove My Profile Picture On TikTok?
No, there’s no option to remove the profile picture on TikTok. It is because TikTok Policy restricts users to set a profile picture when creating a profile picture. It means you will have to set a profile picture when creating a TikTok account else you won’t be able to sign up on it. You can later change the profile picture after creating the account. You can follow the steps mentioned above in this article if you want to remove your profile picture on TikTok.
2. Why Am I Not Able To Change My TikTok Profile Picture?
TikTok allows changing your profile picture after you have created your account, but there might be instances when you cannot. This can happen due to various reasons, such as-
- TikTok won’t let you change your profile picture when suspicious activity is detected on your account.
- If you have broken the community guidelines on TikTok or someone has reported your profile, you won’t be able to change the profile picture.
- If the servers of TikTok are down, then that may also be why you cannot change your TikTok profile picture.