Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver is required when you ought to connect your Windows PC to the internet via the LAN cable. If for some reason this drive is missing from your PC or is not updated to the latest version, then you may face a problem connecting your PC to the internet via LAN or Ethernet cable. It is suggested to keep this driver updated to ensure the Ethernet works properly. Let’s go through all the ways to download and update the Realtek PCI GbE Family Controler Driver.
5 Ways to Download & Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver
If you face issues connecting your PC through Ethernet, then the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver is to be blamed. Updating this driver fixes most of the problems that you may encounter with the LAN connection. Here are all the ways through which you can download & update the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver.
1. Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver Through Windows Update
Windows Update not only downloads the cumulative updates and Windows Defender updates, but it also scans for available driver updates and gives you the option to install them. The steps given below will guide you with how you can use Windows Update to update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver-
- Open the Settings by using the Windows + I keyboard shortcut.
- On the left pane, click on the Windows Update tab.
- Now, on the right side, click on Advanced Options.
- Under Additional Options, click on Optional Updates.
- This will show you all the available updates.
- See if the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver update is available. If it is, then download and install it on your PC.
2. Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver Through Device Manager
Device Manager can be used to manage (enable/disable, update, reinstall, etc) the hardware connected to your PC. You can use the Device Manager to update this driver to the latest version-
- Press the Windows + X key combo to open the menu, and then click on Device Manager.
- From the Device Manager, expand the Network Adapters list by double-clicking on it.
- You will see the list of all the network-related drivers. Right-click on Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver, and then click on Update Driver.
- Now, click on Search Automatically for Drivers.
- Device Manager will now begin checking for the updates.
- If any update is available, you will get the option to install it.
- Download and install the driver and then restart your PC to implement the changes.
3. Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver through Realtek’s Website
If the previous methods didn’t show any update, then you can head to Realtek’s official website and download the latest driver file from there. This way, you can manually update the driver if the above two methods fail to update it. Let’s see how-
- Click on this link to head to the Network Interface Controllers page on the Realtek’s website.
- Here, click on the ‘PCI GBE name: Realtek PCI GBE Ethernet Family Controller Software’ option as shown in the image below.
- You will see drivers for various Operating Systems here. Scroll to the Windows section, and click on the download button next to Win11 Auto Installation Program. If you are using Windows 10, then click on the download icon next to Windows 10 Auto Installation Program.
- Next, click on Download File to download the setup file on your PC.
- Once the file is downloaded, run the setup and update the driver on your PC.
4. Update Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver through Third-Party Software
The next way to update the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver is through third-party software. There are various third-party software which you can use to update the drivers such as Driver Booster and Driver Pack Solution. For this guide, we will be using Driver Booster but you can use some other software as well.
- Click on this link to head to the Driver Booster Page.
- Here, click on the Free Download button to download the software on your PC.
- Once the file is downloaded, open the File Explorer (by pressing Windows + E key combo) and head to the Downloads folder.
- Now, double-click on the downloaded file to run the setup. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Driver Booster on your PC.
- After the software is installed launch it on your PC.
- Click on the Scan button to scan for the driver updates.
- From the list search for Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver and check the checkbox next to it.
- Now, click on the Update Now button to update the driver.
- After the driver has been updated, restart your PC to implement the changes.
5. Through Laptop’s Website
The next thing that you can do is visit your laptop’s website and then download the driver from there. This method does not work for desktop PC users; if you have a laptop then you can continue with it. What you will have to do is, visit your laptop’s manufacturer website. For instance, if you have an Asus laptop, then visit the Asus website.
Search for your laptop model on your laptop’s manufacturer’s website. On your laptop’s page, you will see a section with the name Downloads/Driver/Support. Click on this page, search for the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver, and download it. You can now install the driver from the downloaded file like you install other software.
This will update the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver to the latest version. The steps will vary for different websites, so you will have to take care of that.
It is essential to update the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller driver if you want to use the internet through LAN. If you are looking for ways to update this driver, then the above steps should help you with it. You can follow the above steps to update the Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Driver to the latest version.