Windows 11 has a completely different look. A lot of things look different in Windows 11, including the taskbar. Microsoft made a new taskbar in Windows 11 that had everything in the middle and new icons added to it. There are a lot of ways you can make the taskbar look the way you want it to. To make your taskbar transparent, but don’t know how to do it, read this guide. In this article, we will be discussing how you can get a transparent taskbar in Windows 11.
Getting Transparent Taskbar Using Personalization Option
The very first way to get a transparent taskbar in Windows 11 is by using the personalization option. Given below are the steps to get a transparent taskbar using the personalization option-
- Open the Settings app on your PC by pressing the Windows + I key combo.
- Head to the Personalization section from the left sidebar of the Settings app.
- On the right side of the Personalization section, click on the Colors option.
- On the next screen, turn on the toggle for the Transparency effects.
This will make the taskbar somewhat transparent. If you want, you can also select the accent color to suit your wallpaper and make your taskbar look more transparent.
Make Taskbar Transparent In Windows 11 Using Visual Effects Option
Another way to get a transparent taskbar in Windows is by using the Visual Effects option. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows + I key combo to open the Settings app on your PC. You can either search for the Settings app in the Start Menu and then open it from there.
- Click on Accessibility from the left sidebar of the Settings app.
- On the right side of the Accessibility section in Settings, click on the Visual effects option.
- Now on the next screen, enable the toggle for the Transparency effects. By doing so, you will be able to make your taskbar transparent.
Getting Transparent Taskbar By Using Registry Editor
You can also use the Registry Editor to make your taskbar transparent. To use Registry Editor to make your taskbar transparent, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Windows key to open the Start Menu on your PC.
- In the Start Menu, search for Registry Editor and click on it from the search result to open the Registry Editor app on your PC.
- In the Registry Editor, head to the following address
- Now, right-click on the right pane. From the context menu that opens up, click on New and then click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new DWORD value you create as UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency. To do so, right-click on it, and then click on Rename.
- Now, double-click on the DWORD to edit it. Change the Value Data from 0 to 1. Once done, click on OK.
- Sign out of your PC and then sign in again. Once done, you will be good to go.
Getting Transparent Taskbar Using Third-Party Apps
You can also use third-party apps to get a transparent taskbar on your Windows 11 PC. There are various third-party apps like TranslucentTB and TaskbarX that you can prefer using to make your taskbar transparent in Windows 11. In this article, we will be discussing how you can make your taskbar transparent using the TranslucentTB. To use TranslucentTB to make your taskbar transparent, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard. In the Start Menu, search for Microsoft Store. Click on the Microsoft Store from the Start Menu to open it.
- In the Microsoft Store, search for TranslucentTB and click on the relevant search result. Click on the Get button to install the app on your PC.
- Now open the TranslucentTB by searching for it in the Start Menu.
- When you open the app, the taskbar will be converted to transparent automatically.
This is how you can make the taskbar in Windows 11 transparent. You can make the taskbar transparent in Windows 11 by following the steps above. We hope this article has provided you with the information you require.