Audible is an American online audiobook and podcast service that basically allows users to buy their favourite audiobooks or podcasts and then stream them in the form of spoken word content. Now, if you ever listened to your great audio content on Audible and thinking of sharing the same with your friends and family members then this is the guide for you. Here we’ll answer your question on whether can you share Audible Books.
These days with the busy schedule and busy life standards, it’s quite possible that you don’t have enough time or interest in watching or streaming visual content every time. But you can easily put your smartphone on speaker or connect earphones to start listening to podcasts/audiobooks on Audible. It’s a great way to not only continue doing other works but also listening stories or podcasts at the same time. And yes! It’s distraction-free.
But one thing you should consider is that depending on person to person, the Audible books sharing options might vary. Well, audiobook sharing also helps grow the community around your known persons which is again a good thing. Now, you may ask why Audible audiobooks aren’t easy to share. It’s because Audible audiobooks are content-protected and those who are new to this platform, might have trouble with sharing.
After giving a brief idea, you should have now understood that if you’re not aware of the Audible book-sharing options then you can follow this full-depth guide to find out several methods to easily share Audible books with others like family members, colleagues, and friends. So, let’s begin.
1. Use Family Library Sharing
Audible offers an easy and official way to share audiobooks using Family Library Sharing. Amazon Audible allows you to share content with the Amazon Household sharing feature. Family Library Sharing allows you to share your Amazon and Audible books with other people in the Amazon Household.
But Audible Plus Catalog titles can’t be shared via Family Library Sharing which needs to keep in mind. Amazon Household can be used for sharing Amazon Prime benefits including Audible audiobooks that are related to the Amazon Family Account. To share, you can follow the steps below.
- Log into your valid Amazon account.
- Go to Content and select Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Now, open Households and Family Library.
- Go to Show Family Library.
- Make sure to continue to Audiobooks.
- Then you can find the Audible audiobook that you want to share.
- Choose the Add to Library option.
- Select the Amazon Household Account that you want to share with the audiobook.
- Choose Share to proceed.
Do keep in mind that you can’t share audiobooks from the Audible Plus Catalog. If you’re interested in making an Amazon Household Family Account, you can create only two adult accounts and up to four children accounts. While adding someone else to the existing Amazon Household, you can also do so.
2. Use the Send This Book feature
You can also use the default sharing feature on Audible.com which allows you to easily share Audible content with other Audible accounts. To use this feature, you can follow the steps below.
- Open Audible on your specific device.
- Navigate to My Library and select the My Books section.
- Now, locate the audiobook that you want to share.
- Then select the three dots icon on the right side.
- Choose the Send This Book feature.
- You can now select the platform to share via message, email, WhatsApp, etc.
Do keep in mind that this sharing feature will only work with the already existing Audible subscribers.
3. Give the Audiobook as a Gift
Another thing you can do is to share Audible audiobooks with someone by giving them as a gift. You’ll require to buy the audiobook for the one whom you want to give the audiobook as a gift. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Audible website and log into your account.
- Now, go to the Browse tab and head over to Audiobooks.
- Locate the audiobook from the Audible library that you want to share.
- Select the title and find the Give as a gift option on the page.
- Next, enter the person’s name and email address.
- Send the audiobook to them as a gift.
- Audible will ask you to buy the audiobook for that person.
This specific method is useful for those people who don’t have an Audible account.
4. Use an Audible to mp3 converter
Lastly, you can try using an Audible to MP3 converter tool online to easily share the audio file in MP3 format with any of your friends or family members. Using the MP3 converter will convert the DRM-protected files to the MP3 format. Alternatively, you can use MP3 converter software on your computer to do the same.
There are so many reliable and free-to-use Audible to MP3 converter tools available online that you can try. If you want to convert audiobooks into different formats, you can also do that such as M4A, AAC, OGG, FLAC, etc file formats.
Please Note: Receiving free Audible audiobooks using the mp3 converter option isn’t a good idea for most scenarios because it’s not approved by Audible yet. So, we don’t encourage you to use this method until you’re failing to perform other methods. Do proceed at your own risk for the mp3 converter method.
You can share an audiobook that you have purchased using the Audible account with the Family Library Sharing feature.
You can only share an Audible audiobook with members of your Amazon Household.
Two people can use the same Audible account but requires the account login password.
Can I Transfer an Audible Book to Another Person?
In case, you want to transfer an Audible audiobook to someone else who is also an Audible account user then you can easily make that person a member of your Amazon Household.
Yes! You can use the Family Sharing feature with your partner to share an Audible audiobook.
- How to Cancel Audible Account Subscription & Trial Membership
- How to Change Language on Amazon in PC or Mobile
- How to Find Your Lost AirPods or AirPod Case | I Lost My AirPods!
- How to Get 30-Days Zeus Network Free Trial in 2023
- How to Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working
- How to Copy and Paste On a Chromebook