Oculus Link is software that allows you to connect your VR Oculus Quest to your PC. Using this app, you can connect your VR Oculus Quest 2 to your PC, and it will simulate the operation of Oculus Rift. It uses the power of your PC and allows you to use VR Oculus Quest 2, just like Oculus Rift. You will have to download the Oculus Link app on your PC and set it up with your Oculus Quest 2 to make it function like Oculus Rift.
Setup and Play Oculus Link In VR Oculus Quest 2
If you don’t know how to set up Oculus Link in VR Oculus Quest 2, this article will help you with that. In this article, we will be discussing how you can set up Oculus Link in VR Oculus Quest 2.
Downloading And Installing Oculus Link
You will first have to download and install Oculus Link on your PC to set it up with Oculus Quest 2. Firstly, ensure your PC meets certain requirements to run the app without any problem. Given below are the minimum system requirements that your PC should have-
- Processor: Intel i5-4590/AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater
- RAM: 8GB or more than that
- OS: Windows 10 or greater
- USB Ports: At least 1 USB port
- GPU: NVIDIA Titan X, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Desktop 6GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, NVIDIA GeForce 1080, NVIDIA GeForce 1650 Super, NVIDIA GeForce 1660, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20-Series, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-Series, AMD 400 Series, AMD 500 Series, AMD 5000 Series, AMD 6000, and AMD Vega Series.
If your PC meets all the minimum requirements, you will have to download and install the application on your PC. Head to the official website of Oculus and download the Oculus Link software. Download the software and install it on your PC.
Set Up Oculus Link In VR Oculus Quest 2
After you download the Oculus Link application and install it on your PC, you will have to set it up with your VR Oculus Quest 2.
To set up Oculus Link In VR Oculus Quest 2, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Oculus app on your PC, and then turn on your VR Oculus Quest 2.
- After doing so, plug the one end of the USB 3 cable into the USB 3.0 port on the PC and the other end of it to your Oculus Quest 2.
- You will get a prompt message in VR which says Allow access to data. Click on the Deny and do not click on Allow. If you clicked on the Allow option, then unplug the Quest 2 and plug it again.
- You will get a prompt to enable Oculus Link. Select Enable, and the Oculus Quest 2 will be connected to the VR Link app.
Final Words: How To Play Steam Games On Oculus Quest
That’s how you can set up Oculus Link in VR Oculus Quest 2 and use it as Oculus Rift. Follow the above steps to set up the VR to the Oculus Link app without any issue.