Discord is a popular platform where people can chat with one another. This is a platform for gamers where gamers can interact with other gamers or their fans. The app is equipped with a whole lot of features that make it one of the best platforms out there. The app is unique in itself. You can create your servers which vary depending on the purpose and ask other people to join so that you can chat with them. If you using Discord for the first time, you may find it a bit difficult to use. You may not be able to access the basic features like crossing out text, bolding them, making them italic, or such.
How To Cross Out Text In Discord
If you don’t know how to cross out text in Discord, then you can follow the steps in this article. We have discussed steps to cross our text in Discord in this article.
Cross Out Text In Discord
You can cross out or strikethrough text in Discord using the tilde (~) key on the keyboard. To cross out text in Discord, follow the steps given below-
How To Do Strikethrough On Discord
- Type the text that you want to cross out.
- Now highlight the text and hover your mouse over it until you see a small black bar over it.
- Now click on the ‘S’ icon to strike through or cross out text in Discord.
- You can either enter your text between the two tildes (~), before and after. For instance, if you want to strike out the text ‘hey’, then you should keep it this way ‘~~hey~~’ on the Discord. When you send it on the Discord, this text will appear as ‘hey’ on the Discord.
Similarly, there are other shortcuts as well, which allow you to bold your text, underline them, or mark them italic. Given below are shortcuts to do so-
- Bold- To make your text bold, put two asterisks on both sides of the text. For instance, ‘**bold**.
- Italics- If you want to make your text italic, then simply put one asterisk or one underscore on both sides of the text. For instance, *italics* or _italics_.
- Underline- If you want to underline the text, then put two underscores on both sides of the text. For instance, __underline__.
If you are using the desktop version or browser version of Discord on your PC, then you will have few more shortcuts in the context menu to do this.
You can click on the ‘B’ icon to bold or press the ‘I’ icon to make the text italics after highlighting it.
- How to Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error (Guide)
- Top 5 Best BetterDiscord Themes and How to Install?
- Rhythm Discord Bots: How to Add, Setup, Commands
By doing so, you will be able to cross out text in Discord. Following the steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to cross out text in Discord for both the mobile as well as PC.