Despite its popularity in the global community, WhatsApp remains a powerhouse when it comes to connecting people. Users can share photos, videos, and now even music snippets via the Status update, a standout feature. Since 2024, adding music to your WhatsApp Status has become a trending and popular feature. So, if you want to add music to your Whatsapp status but don’t know how to do it, here are some easy steps that will surely help you.
What is WhatsApp Audio Status?
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past year, you might not have heard of WhatsApp voice status. WhatsApp voice status was added to the messenger in early 2023, so it is relatively new. It is important to note that the developers of WhatsApp have also added many other features to this program besides the one mentioned above.
One of the most important features is the ability to select status contacts, record feedback to them, and preview links, to name just a few.
Voice status allows users to record up to 30 seconds of their voice and then share it as a status. If a user does not manually delete it during this time, shared statuses will remain viewable for 24 hours.
Prerequisites Before Adding Song in Status:
1. Update WhatsApp Version
You should always have the most recent version of WhatsApp installed on your device to Add Music to your status. It is common for developers to release updates that include bug fixes and new features. You will need to search for WhatsApp in your device’s app store and tap the ‘Update’ button if it is available. By doing so, you’ll have access to the latest functionality, including music.
2. Compatible Devices and Regions
In 2024, the music feature may not be available in all regions or on all devices. Check the official WhatsApp website or app store to see if your device supports music in WhatsApp Status. It may take some time for your area to receive the feature, so be patient if it hasn’t arrived yet.
How to Put WhatsApp Status With a Song or Music
So, here are some methods that you can use to easily add music to your Whatsapp status:
1. Use your Phone’s Speaker
It is possible to record the sound along with the video when you update your status on WhatsApp. It is now up to you to utilize this feature to your advantage by adding your favourite music to the status update. To do this, follow these steps:
- If you wish to use a song as the background music for your WhatsApp status, play the song using any music player app on your phone. If you want to do this, you can also use a music app online. Don’t use your wired or wireless headset when playing the song – play it through your speaker instead.
- You can now open WhatsApp while listening to the song. To record your status, go to status. Set the volume of the music to its maximum. By doing this, you will be able to ensure that your status music has a better quality.
- Whenever you’ve finished recording, preview it, and if everything is in order, click the blue arrow at the bottom to upload your WhatsApp status.
2. With InShot (Third-Party Application)
Inshot Video Editor has many built-in features for adding music to WhatsApp status, including various tools for cropping and editing.
- You can download Inshot to your phone and open it.
- In the main interface, click the Video tab to load a video or photo, then click the Music tab from the toolbar.
- To add music to your WhatsApp status, go to the song library and click Use. In addition, you can insert sound effects into Status videos and pictures using the Effects tab.
- On your phone, click Save and export your video. Once you’ve uploaded your video, open WhatsApp > Status, hit the plus icon to upload it, and click the Send button to let your friends know.
3. Use WhatsApp Voice Notes
To add music to WhatsApp, use its Voice Note feature. Using voice notes, you can record any audio, including background music. So, to add a song to your WhatsApp status, follow these steps:
- Make sure you are in close proximity to your phone speaker when you play the song.
- To use the microphone, open WhatsApp and tap on the microphone icon. Record 10-30 seconds of the music as a voice note.
- If necessary, trim the beginning and end of the recording.
- You can then upload it directly from WhatsApp as a status.
WhatsApp’s built-in voice notes can be used to add music without downloading any additional apps.
4. Use YouCut
With YouCut for Android, you can add music to videos. To add music to the recording, use the YouCut video editor after recording the video from your phone’s camera app.
Once you have edited the video, you need to upload it to your WhatsApp status. Here’s how you can use YouCut.
- At first, on your Android phone, download and install the YouCut Video Editor application.
- Thereafter, tap the (+) icon at the bottom to add the background music to the video.
- On the bottom toolbar, click Music.
- Make sure you select the right music for your video. Go to the My Music tab to add your own music.
- Once you’ve selected the music you’d like to add, tap on it.
- By doing this, the video will be accompanied by music. If you want to modify the start and end times of the music, tap the Save button and adjust the times.
- Choose Resolution, Frame Rate, and Quality from the Export prompt and click Save.
How to Make The Musical Experience on Your Status Catchy
Here are tips for taking advantage of WhatsApp Status’ music feature:
- Song Selection: Select songs that correspond to your Status’ mood or theme. It doesn’t matter if you’re celebrating or reflecting; the right song enhances the overall experience.
- Trim Thoughtfully: Make sure that the portions that are trimmed sync well with the visuals of your Status. In order to create an engaging experience for viewers, you should strive for an integrated blend.
- Be Mindful of Copyright: Make sure you follow copyright laws and licensing agreements when deciding which songs to use. To avoid legal issues, choose your tracks wisely in some regions that may have restrictions on specific tracks.
- Experiment with Genres: Don’t shy away from experimenting with different genres. Your audience will find your status updates engaging and fresh if you vary them.
- Update Privacy Settings: Make sure your privacy settings are set to protect your status updates from unauthorized viewing. Sharing WhatsApp messages with everyone, your contacts, or a custom list is possible.
- How to Get Receipts for Your Top Music Tracks on Spotify
- How to Fix Instagram Music Not Working Issues
- How to Find Your Old Musically Account on TikTok
- How to Stop Apple Music from Automatically Playing
- How to Record Video While Playing Music on Your iPhone
- How to Make Your WhatsApp Account with USA (+1) Number
- How to Fix WhatsApp Profile Picture Blurry
- How to Post Voice Note as WhatsApp Status in 2024