Sony TV is the go-to choice for many users when buying a TV. Sony offers a premium range of TV amongst all the popular brands like Samsung and LG. But nothing is perfect; many users have reported facing distorted sound quality in Sony TV. Distortion is the change in sound that is unclear and strange. Obstruction with signals, component failure, and connection issues are common reasons for distorted TV sound. Sometimes the distorted sound is provoked by broken or loose connection of audio wires. It might also be due to the poor connection of the antenna.
Fix Sony TV Distorted Sound Quality 2023
This article covers all the possible troubleshooting steps to fix Sony TV distorted sound quality.
Power Cycle Sony TV
Power Cycling is the first and foremost step you should continue with if you face distorted sound quality on your Sony TV. This will clear any technical glitches or bugs on your TV that might be causing this issue. To power cycle, your Sony TV, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, turn off your TV.
- Now, disconnect the TV from the power source.
- Wait a minute or two and then plug in the TV to the power source again and turn it on.
- Check if that fixes the issue, and if you still encounter the issue, then you can move to the next step in this article.
Check The Speaker Settings
Next, check your speaker settings. Many times Sony TV distorted sound quality issue can be due to improper speaker settings. You can check the following settings on your Sony TV to ensure they are not causing the issue-
- Try increasing the volume of the TV. Generally, the issue can be faced with low volume, so you can increase the volume of the TV and check if you are facing this issue.
- Ensure you are not using any other audio device like the external speaker or headphones with your TV. Many times external audio accessories may remain connected to your TV and cause such issues.
- Change your MTS Setting to MAIN or STEREO.
- Turn off the Simulated Effect if it’s turned on.
Reset The Sound Settings
Misconfigured audio and sound settings are the most common reasons behind facing distorted sound quality issues. In such a case, resetting the sound settings will be the preferred option to continue ahead. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Home button on your TV remote and select the Settings option.
- In Settings, select Display & Sound and then select the Sound option.
- Now select Reset to reset Sound Settings.
Update TV Firmware
Outdated TV firmware may also be the reason behind facing this issue. Updating the TV firmware to the latest firmware should fix this issue in most cases. The method to update Sony TV firmware can vary for the Sony Google TV model and Sony Android TV model; worry not, we will discuss the steps for both models.
Sony Google TV
If you have Sony Google TV, then you can follow the steps to update the firmware on it-
- Press the Quick Settings button on your Sony TV remote and select the Settings option to open it.
- In Settings, head to System and then select About.
- Now, select System Software Update. This will scan for any available update, and you can install it.
Sony Android TV
To update the Sony Android TV model, follow the steps given below-
- If your TV remote has the Help button then press it. Else, press the Home button and then select the Help option on the TV.
- Select Status & Diagnostics> System software update option.
- Select Check for System Software Update to scan for available updates.
- Download and install the update on your TV and then restart it.
Factory Reset TV
Factory resetting the TV should work if the issue is encountered due to software-related reasons. To factory reset your Sony TV, follow the steps given below-
- Press the Home button on your TV remote. If your TV has the Quick Settings button, then press it.
- Now, select the Settings option from the screen that appears.
- Here, select System and then select About.
- Now, select Reset and then select Factory Data Reset.
- You will get the option to Erase Everything, select it and then select Yes.
- This will factory reset your TV.
- Once your TV boots up, set it up and check if the issue is still encountered.
Note- The step to factory reset may or may not be the same for your Sony TV model. The steps can vary depending on the TV model that you have.
Contact Sony Support
Lastly, if none of it helps, then you will have to contact Sony Support or visit the nearest Sony Service Center. If the issue is due to software-related reasons, then the steps mentioned above should help you fix it, but if it is due to hardware issues, you will have to get your TV to a technician and get it fixed. The technician at the service center will diagnose your TV and fix the issue.
In this article, we have discussed how you can fix Sony TV distorted sound quality issue. Nobody wants any disturbance when watching their favorite show, and facing issues like distorted sound quality can be irritating. If you have been facing distorted sound quality issues on your Sony TV, then the above article should help you solve it.
- How to Install or Watch Fubo TV on Samsung TV
- How to Fix LG TV is Frozen or Stuck on Logo Screen
- How to Fix Vizio TV Won’t Turn On in 2023
- How to Fix Youtube TV Oversaturation Issue
- How To Fix Samsung TV WiFi Keeps Disconnecting
- How to Activate NBC.com Code on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV
- How To Fix Plex TV Link Not Working Problem