Facebook is one of the most popular social media that many people prefer using. Facebook owns other social media apps like Instagram and WhatsApp. Issues like ‘Session Expired’ are shared on Facebook. When you encounter this issue, you will be logged out of your Facebook account. This issue is encountered on all platforms, whether Android, iOS, Windows, or Mac.
So what can be done to fix this issue? If you are unexpectedly logged out of your Facebook account with the error message ‘Session Expired’, then this article will help you solve this issue. In this article, we will be discussing the reasons behind facing this issue and the steps to fix it.
Reason Behind Session Expired Error On Facebook
There can be various reasons behind facing this issue, such as-
- When your Facebook account is logged into any other app simultaneously on the same device, you may encounter this issue. For instance, if you have logged into a game using Facebook and are trying to use the Facebook app, you will be logged out unexpectedly and encounter this issue.
- If you have logged out of the account yourself, then also you may get this error. You may get disconnected from any different account if you manually sign out from an account.
- If you are using Facebook on a browser, then corrupted cache data of the browser may also cause this issue.
- Unstable internet may be another reason behind facing this error. If the network you are connected to is slow or unstable, you can be logged out of Facebook unexpectedly.
- If you have cleared the cache of your device or the Facebook app, then you will be logged out of your account.
Fix Facebook Session Expired Error 2023
Now, that you know what can be the reasons behind facing this error, you can get ahead with troubleshooting this error. Given below are various troubleshooting steps to help fix Facebook Session Expired Error.
Login To Facebook Again
Many times the error can simply be fixed by logging into your Facebook account. You may be unexpectedly logged out of your account due to various reasons. Well, if you encounter this error then close the Facebook app and relaunch it. Upon restarting the app, log in to your Facebook account again and you will no longer encounter the error.
Update Your Facebook App
The outdated Facebook app may also cause the Facebook Session Expired error. You will have to update your Facebook app to the latest version if you are facing this issue. To update the Facebook app, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Play Store (on your Android phone or tablet) or App Store (on iPhone or iPad).
- In the search bar, type Facebook and tap on the very first option that appears.
- If any update is available, you will see the option to update the app. Tap on the Update button to update the app.
- Once done, launch Facebook on your device and see if you still encounter this issue or not.
Remove Or Disable Extensions
This method is only for PC and Mac users. When using a browser on your PC or Mac to access Facebook, then extensions may be the reason behind facing this issue. You can try disabling the Extensions on your browser and check if you still face the issue or not. We will be discussing the steps to remove/disable extensions on Chrome, Firefox, as well as Edge.
To disable extensions on Google Chrome, follow the steps given below-
- Open Google Chrome, and click on the menu button at the top right corner.
- From the menu that opens up, hover over More Tools and click on Extensions.
- From here, turn off the toggle for the extension which you think may be causing the issue.
To disable extensions on Microsoft Edge, follow the steps given below-
- Click on the Menu icon at the top right corner, and then on Extensions.
- You will now see all the extensions installed on Microsoft Edge.
- Simply, turn off the toggle for the extension which you think might be the culprit.
If you are using Firefox and you want to disable extensions on it, then you can follow the steps given below-
- Open Firefox, and then click on the menu icon at the top right corner.
- Now, from the menu that opens up, click on Add-ons and themes option and then click on Extensions.
- Click on the Remove button next to the extension you want to remove.
Clear Cache Of Facebook
Another reason behind facing this issue can be the corrupted cache data of the Facebook app. Cache data is stored over time to speed up app opening time and improve user experience. When cached data is not clear for a very long time, it may get corrupted and cause issues like Facebook Session Expired. You can clear the cache of the Facebook app and then check if you still face the issue.
To clear the cache of the Facebook app on your Android device, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Here, head to the Apps section.
- From the list of apps, search for the Facebook app and tap on it.
- Next, tap on the Storage option.
- Tap on Clear Cache to clear the cache of the Facebook app.
You cannot clear the cache of the Facebook app on your iOS device. If you are using Facebook on an iOS device then you will have to reinstall the app.
Reinstall Facebook App
If you still face an issue with the Facebook app, then you will have to reinstall the Facebook app. To reinstall the Facebook app, follow the steps given below-
- Tap and hold the Facebook app and then tap on the Remove button.
- Confirm uninstalling the Facebook app.
- Now, open the Play Store (on Android devices) or App Store (on iOS devices).
- Here, search for the Facebook app and install it.
- Once done, launch the app on your phone and sign into your Facebook account.
These were some troubleshooting steps to help fix Facebook Session Expired. If you are unexpectedly logged out of your Facebook account on the device you were using, then you can follow the above steps to fix this issue. If this article helped you fix the issue, do let us know in the comments section.