Users have reported facing Error Code 41 when streaming content on Disney Plus. The issue can be encountered on any device you use, be it Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Amazon Firestick, or even Roku. The complete error message may read-
‘The requested media is not available. Please try again. If you continue to have problems, please contact Disney+ Subscription Support. (Error Code 41)’
So what is this issue, and what are the reasons behind facing it? This issue is common to all devices, and you may encounter it due to corrupted cached data or TCP/IP inconsistency. These are the common reasons to encounter this issue, but sometimes server issues can also be the reason behind this issue.
If you have been facing this error and have made your way to this article looking for troubleshooting steps to fix this issue, then you are at the right place.
Fix the Disney Plus Error Code 41 While Streaming
This guide discusses various ways to help fix Disney Plus Error Code 41:
Check Disney Plus Servers
If you encounter Disney Plus Error Code 41, then the very first thing that you should do is check the Disney Plus servers. You might be facing the Disney Plus error due to server problems. You can check the servers of Disney Plus using DownDetector. This will indicate any status of the servers of Disney Plus, along with issues reported by users in the past 24 hours.
If the servers of Disney Plus are down, then there’s nothing you can do on your end. Servers can be down due to routine maintenance, so there’s nothing to worry about. Wait until the servers are up again, and you can stream content without facing any error code. However, if there are no server issues, you can follow the next troubleshooting step in this article.
Try To Watch Another Show
The other reason for facing this issue might be if you are watching a show or an unavailable movie. This usually happens when the show or the movie has been removed from the server. Try streaming any other show or movie and check whether you get the same error code with other content. If the error code is not encountered, then the show/movie you were trying to stream has been removed, which is why you were facing the issue.
Power Recycling Your Device
This error might mainly arise due to some of the corrupted cached files, so all you have to do is power cycle your device. Given below are the steps to power cycle devices-
To power cycle your Roku device, follow the steps given below-
- Unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes, and then plug your Roku device into the power source.
- Lastly, check whether your issue is solved by streaming the content from Disney Plus.
Given below are the steps to power cycle your Android TV-
- Turn off your TV and unplug it from the power source.
- Let it stay off for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug back the power cord and turn on your TV.
- Check whether you face the issue or not.
Amazon Fire Stick
To power cycle your Amazon Firestick, follow the steps given below-
- Unplug the Firestick from the power outlet.
- Wait for a minute or two before you plug it back again. Now, plug the power cord into the power outlet.
- Check whether you still face the Disney Plus Error Code 14 while trying to stream content.
Rebooting The Router
Another method to troubleshoot Disney Plus Error Code 41 is by power cycling your router. This can be done by following the steps given below-
- Press the power button to turn off the router. Unplug the router from the power source.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug the router back into the power outlet.
- Press the power button to turn the router on. This will take a few minutes for the router to be on and the connection to be live again.
- Now, connect your device to the router and check if you can stream content on Disney Plus.
Update Your Device
You may often encounter this issue you have been running on an outdated system firmware. The latest Disney Plus app may not be supported on outdated system firmware, and you may encounter Disney Plus Error Code 41 due to this reason. You can try updating your system and streaming the content again.
Update Disney Plus App
If you have been using the outdated Disney Plus app, that may also be a reason. Ensure you are running the latest version of the Disney Plus app if you are facing this error and if not, then update the app on your device. To update the Disney Plus app, follow the steps given below-
- Open the application store (App Store, Play Store, Microsoft Store, or whatever may be on your device).
- Here, search for the Disney Plus app, and select the relevant search result.
- If the update is available for the app, then you can update the app from here.
- Once you do so, check whether you still face the issue.
Reinstall Disney Plus App
If the issue is due to app bugs, we recommend you reinstall the Disney Plus app. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Uninstall the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Now, head to the Application store present on your device.
- In the Application store, search for the Disney Plus app.
- From here, install the Disney Plus app.
- Open the Disney Plus app, and sign in to your account.
- Try streaming a TV show or movie, and you should now not face the error.
Turn Off VPN
People often use VPNs to stream content from other countries’ libraries. Content available in one country may or may not be available in another. To avoid this, many people use VPNs to access other countries’ libraries. Sometimes, VPN may cause issues, and you may not be able to stream content and get Error Code 41 on Disney Plus. Try disconnecting from the VPN network and then try streaming the content.
Contact Disney Plus Help Center
If none of the above steps helped you, then you can contact the Disney Plus help center. Disney Plus Help Center is there to help users with issues regarding Disney Plus, like the problem with payment, login issues, incompatibility issues, and such. You can contact Disney Plus Help Center and report the issue you have been facing. They will come up with a solution regarding it and will guide you to fix the issue.
Above are some troubleshooting steps to fix Disney Plus Error Code 41. The error code 41 is nothing to be worried about if you encounter it. This error is quite common to Disney Plus users, and if you encounter it, this article will help you fix it.
- Fix Disney Plus Keeps Changing Language
- Activate Disneyplus.com Login/Begin URL 8-digit Code
- How To Fix Disney+ Plus Unable To Login Issues
- How To Play From The Beginning In Disney Plus
- How to Activate Discoveryplus co uk/tv 2023 | Discovery Channel UK
- How to Activate PeacockTV.com/TV on Roku, Fire TV, Xbox, Apple TV (2023)